girlfriend doesnt want me to enlist.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

girlfriend doesnt want me to enlist.

My girlfriend does not want me to become a Marine. She well doesnt believe in war and the military and all that jazz. We have been together for three years every since highschool and were engaged but she says if i enlist she will never talk to me again.

So i asked her really? and she said yes.

So...... I hung up on her .

LOL! Women come and go, Marines are forever! Semper Fi

Good decision man, me and my girl went through a phase like that but i just talked her down and now she's all for me becoming a Marine

i wish my girlfriend was ok with it and supported me. but she says shes getting married and having a kid before shes 20 which she just turned 19, with or without me... so you can imagine how you would feel... thats exactly how i felt

thanks for the suppor fellow brothers and Marines

Quote Originally Posted by Eldridge0311 View Post
    i wish my girlfriend was ok with it and supported me. but she says shes getting married and having a kid before shes 20 which she just turned 19, with or without me... so you can imagine how you would feel... thats exactly how i felt

thanks for the suppor fellow brothers and Marines
    You chick will regret having kids at that age. She is still young and she has no lived life. Man you are better off without her!

If she doesn't come around, then she wasn't the right one. However, she may still come around, and if she does she'll have a far greater respect for you, because you show respect for yourself and will not be controlled by her. Dont ever forget that for the rest of your life!

but she says shes getting married and having a kid before shes 20 which she just turned 19
    The only advice I have is "Run Forrest Run!!"

Two years ago when I started dating my girlfriend I told her I was definitely going into the Marine Corp and she said ok. I am in the process of signing all the papers to dep in and I think she is realizing I am actually going through with it. One day she tried to talk me out of it and so I told her that if I didt join the Marines I would be miserable my whole life. Now she supports me and I think a big part of it is because I told her it was going to happen as soon as we started. With or without her.

Quote Originally Posted by ameriken View Post
    If she doesn't come around, then she wasn't the right one. However, she may still come around, and if she does she'll have a far greater respect for you, because you show respect for yourself and will not be controlled by her. Dont ever forget that for the rest of your life!

Im sorry to say this guys, but she doesnt respect Marines let alone anyone in the military. Sadly yes she is beautiful and an amazing body, but her parents are big big hippie people :/.

Quote Originally Posted by sbombard15 View Post
    Two years ago when I started dating my girlfriend I told her I was definitely going into the Marine Corp and she said ok. I am in the process of signing all the papers to dep in and I think she is realizing I am actually going through with it. One day she tried to talk me out of it and so I told her that if I didt join the Marines I would be miserable my whole life. Now she supports me and I think a big part of it is because I told her it was going to happen as soon as we started. With or without her.

I told her it is the only way i would be happy in life and satisfied but she doesnt care

Im sorry to say this guys, but she doesnt respect Marines let alone anyone in the military. Sadly yes she is beautiful and an amazing body, but her parents are big big hippie people :/.
    Well all I can say is there are plenty of women with more amazing bodies that DO respect Marines, you just have to find the right one

You have to follow your heart. If you want to be a Marine go for it. If she isn't with you, say goodbye to her. If you don't you will spend the rest of your life wishing you had gone into the Marine Corps. You will never know if you have what it takes to be a Marine.

I told her it is the only way i would be happy in life and satisfied but she doesnt care
    yea if she dosent care if you are miserable your whole life then apparently she really dosent care about you and she dosent see a future with you.

I had a girlfriend once. I told her I was going to the Marines after high school and she thought that was cool. I get about 3 months away from boot and she said that it was between the Marines and her. I never did see her again.

If this is what you truly want, you will do what you need to.

Thread Information