New here and just wanted to introduce myself
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New here and just wanted to introduce myself

I live in Kentucky and am currently saving up money right now to get lasik. My vision isn't bad or horrible but i do not want to enlist with glasses. I have wanted to be a marine ever since I was a little tike. But right now in the mean time I am still staying in shape and trying to set things up with a recruiter. But is my profile filled out all the way and is there any tips out there for a fellow wannabe. Let me know

Thanks

Welcome!

Couple of tips:

1) Always capitalize the word Marine
    2) If you have a question at any point, throw it into the search bar first, see what comes up. If you can't find what your looking for, then ask it.

Otherwise, welcome again, Leatherneck is a great source of information and is a great community. Good luck to you

Welcome aboard.
    Best advice at this point is to talk with your recruiter and get the ball rolling. However any questions that you may have will be honored here.

Thank you for the invite, and I am sorry about the capitalization I type fast and sometimes I tend to not capitalize things and forget punctuation.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Read the other 5,342,578,541 threads about lasik

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome Young One.
    Search Box Top Right Corner.

Thank you for the point in the right direction Marines.

Also I was not aware of the 6 month rule of waiting till after the surgery. Is there anyway to bypass that?

Welcome from North Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHarleyGear View Post
    Welcome from North Carolina.
    North Carolina Sir?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldridge0311 View Post
    Is there anyway to bypass that?
    Yes...........you go to your Recruiter's office, stand at attention and click your heels together 3 times while saying "Iwannabe a Marine. I wannabe a Marine. I wannabe a Marine".

Then ask him (very nicely) for a waiver and I'm sure one will appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    Yes...........you go to your Recruiter's office, stand at attention and click your heels together 3 times while saying "Iwannabe a Marine. I wannabe a Marine. I wannabe a Marine".

Then ask him (very nicely) for a waiver and I'm sure one will appear.

Thank you Mam. I will be sure to click them extra loud to make sure I hopefully get a waiver.

Thank you Mam. I will be sure to click them extra loud to make sure I hopefully get a waiver.
    Mam? I didn't know 84 had kids. You're joshin us, right?

You're taking this light beating rather well. Good bearing.

No waiver, your eyes need time to heal as well as present any complications or issues (if there are any, thus the 6 month waiting period). Search the boards, there are debates regarding when to get the surgery done as well as the implications of getting it done while on active duty.

Besides, Birth Control Glasses are sexy and being addressed as "Hey, portholes!" by the drill instructor is a badge of honor. Don't worry about losing them either, they'll be strapped to your grape most of the time by the most powerful force in the world... discipline. They'll come off when you're doing stuff like the O-Course or the Bayonet Course or digging to China in the pit (digging to China is no longer allowed, instead you'll dig to Malaysia).

Lasik is a 6 month wait period from surgery. I didn't even need a waiver, I just brought in all the paperwork and MEPS approved me. Hey if you got the money and 6 months to spare to enlist I would go ahead and get it done, Lasik was the best thing I ever did, I went from nearly blind to perfect vision in one day lol.

Good try, kid, but it's ma'am. I'm sure it confused the h*ll outta you when NoRemorse started talking about kids.

Anyway, welcome aboard. Your profile is satisfactory.

Here's a challenge for ya. I want you to be the one who comes up with a new question. Something refreshing for us Marines to hear and try to answer. Nothing stupid, either. Let's see what you're made of.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I hear them damned crickets again! LOL!

Thread Information