Question...about my hair
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Question...about my hair

Alright so I know that when I get to Boot I'm going to be getting my head shaved anyway, but my dilemma is this; At the moment my hair goes just past my shoulders and I don't want any extra attention being brought to myself from the Drill Instructors, so I'm going to cut my hair next week but, if i cut it too short would that also bring me that extra attention I'm not wanting? What do Y'all think a decent length is before they shave me?

Of all the things to worry about...

Why don't you get yourself a nice, flock-of-seagulls haircut. I heard a rumor that DI's go easy on kids with those.

They don't care about your hair. Just show up to MEPS that morning with a clean shave, that's all they care about. The receiving instructors are worried about more things then the appearance of some new recruit the 1st 3 hours your there.

Credits
    Savings
    I would recommend at least having a MAN's haircut prior to reporting... As long as you do that you will blend in...don't flatter yourself - you are just fresh meat into the grinder, nothing more. Just another sweaty confused retard running in three directions at once and going nowhere...receiving is a hoot!

Good luck to you!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Cut that sucker,,,,,,,,,,

Your haircut is one of the very first things you'll get- before you're even out of your civvies. The drill instructors that you're with at that point aren't even your platoon's real DI's, they're receiving DIs.. they're just for the first week you're there, until that first Saturday. To make receiving go by smoothly.. be a sheep. Be loud and motivated, yes, but don't be the one who's f**ked up when everyone else is doing the right thing. Get your initial issue and all that good stuff, and stay under the radar. Sound off, move with a sense of purpose, and do exactly as you're told. The receiving DIs could care less what your hair looked like as a civilian, as long as you go with the flow they probably won't even remember you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shippingsoon View Post
    Of all the things to worry about...

Why don't you get yourself a nice, flock-of-seagulls haircut. I heard a rumor that DI's go easy on kids with those.
    Man can you just imagine what would really happen if someone did show up with a FOS hair-do .....I think it would go something like this
    [Enter Reciveing Drill Instructor ] " You are now aboard MCRD Parris....WHAT THE FREAK IS THAT ON YOUR HEAD???!!! WHAT ARE YOU SOME KINDA ALIEN FROM THE 80'S? GET ON YOUR FEET AND DOUBLE TIME IN PLACE UNTIL I RUN SO FAR AWAY ! SING THE SONG TOO FREAK !" Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    I would recommend at least having a MAN's haircut prior to reporting... As long as you do that you will blend in...don't flatter yourself - you are just fresh meat into the grinder, nothing more. Just another sweaty confused retard running in three directions at once and going nowhere...receiving is a hoot!
    Don't flatter me please.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Get a regular hair cut,no ear rings,no nose rings,no pins stuck through eye brows,tongues,ect

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Go to Supercuts, get a regular haircut, give em $10 bucks and your good to go!!!
    Carry on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeGray09 View Post
    Alright so I know that when I get to Boot I'm going to be getting my head shaved anyway, but my dilemma is this; At the moment my hair goes just past my shoulders and I don't want any extra attention being brought to myself from the Drill Instructors, so I'm going to cut my hair next week but, if i cut it too short would that also bring me that extra attention I'm not wanting? What do Y'all think a decent length is before they shave me?
    High and Tight all the way, show them you have brass balls.

HAHA, go in with a shaved head, Marine T-shirt and and a USMC tattoo on your shoulder....Show em your gonna be sh1t Hot.......

I think you should leave it how it is, show up looking like a Hippie.... I'm curious what the DI's would do.

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I already have a buzz #2 (1/4 inch) so I'll have that when I show up....no emo hair cut and you'll probably be fine.

Thread Information