Looking for Marines 1984-1988 - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondsman View Post
    I actually worked on that film as a company runner, coordinator and driver with the supply area command. Mr. Eastwood is a hell of a guy and easy to work for - genuinely interested in the needs of every crew member on the set. Most interesting three weeks I had ever had - and by far the most fun any Marine should be allowed to have (on active duty anyway!) Stay in touch! Bondsman

Take Care Brother!

Semper Fi...

My Ranger is an '88 and by default a Marine. does that count?

sorry, just felt like being a goof at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    My Ranger is an '88 and by default a Marine. does that count?

sorry, just felt like being a goof at the moment.
    Nah! rangers belong in the army LOL!

Semper Fi...

My name is Russell L. Appling - E3 and I served in the USMC from 1984 - 1988 - MCRD San Diego, 29 Palms CA and on Camp Pendelton CA - even did a float on the USS Okinowa LPH-3 . It would be nice to hear from others who served in this period as well just for old time sake. Semper Fi.
    i served at this time. k-bay hi. spent 3 cax ex. at 29 palms allen el 1833 tracs.

Quote Originally Posted by lasdlet14 View Post
    I was also in during that time. 83 -87. MCRD San Diego, Infantry Training School, Camp Pendleton, Barracks Duty Phillippines A CO, Wpns Co, Drg Plt 2/1 Camp Horno, West Pac on the LHA 1 USS Tarawa.
    Had A great time. No Regrets.
    Semper Fi!!!!!!
    I was with 2/1 Fox Company 1st plt, West Pac on the USS Tuscaloosa (LST-1187) was my 1st west pac! Semper Fi

Camp Pendleton Amtracs here

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Hey all I am new here also, I served with 3rd AAV Bn., H&S Company. Went to boot in Hollywood, but spent the last year 86-87 in A & B company 1st track Vehicle bn. on Camp Schwab. I spent some time on the USS Okinawa[/font]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Semper Fi all[/font][FONT='Times New Roman','serif']>>[/font]

My name is Russell L. Appling - E3 and I served in the USMC from 1984 - 1988 - MCRD San Diego, 29 Palms CA and on Camp Pendelton CA - even did a float on the USS Okinowa LPH-3 . It would be nice to hear from others who served in this period as well just for old time sake. Semper Fi.

Wasn't Margarita the 22 area??

Quote Originally Posted by charm1110 View Post
    Hey Bondsman , I kinda lost track of this thread. Back in our time frame 1/5 was at 52 area camp Margarita, I recently checked the 1/5 website and it says they're at San Mateo? I imagine a lot has changed. We had just gotten the 3 man BEQ's and were rotating from those to the open squad bays down by the lower side of the camp when we'd finish a deployment then the next unit would move into the BEQ's. For some reason it seemed that we spent way more time in the open barracks though. I remember a portion of "Heartbreak Ridge" was filmed on the backside of Margarita hill and some of the crew came into the old chow hall for morning chow. I wasn't on mess duty but one of the '31's in my plt. was and said he saw Clint Eastwood drinking some of that nasty coffee.LOL! Take care Brother!

Semper Fi...
    Did a short stint in 2/9 then 3/5 wpns company

I graduated MCRD-San Diego in 84, and was in Fox Battery, 2/11 from 85-88 as a RDO/FO. We did a pump to Okinawa/Camp Fuji in 87 with 1/7. Had a blast in Tokyo, except that is one expensive city...

2/1

Quote Originally Posted by lasdlet14 View Post
    I was also in during that time. 83 -87. MCRD San Diego, Infantry Training School, Camp Pendleton, Barracks Duty Phillippines A CO, Wpns Co, Drg Plt 2/1 Camp Horno, West Pac on the LHA 1 USS Tarawa.
    Had A great time. No Regrets.
    Semper Fi!!!!!!
    I was with 2/1 HQ Company 84-90 Before they changed to 1/4, I was with you on the Lady T. I was the Embark/Logistics guru. Long time ago. I am aproaching my 30 year mark. Almost time to go.

Benton, Timothy L

Credits
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by bentontl View Post
    I was with 2/1 HQ Company 84-90 Before they changed to 1/4, I was with you on the Lady T. I was the Embark/Logistics guru. Long time ago. I am aproaching my 30 year mark. Almost time to go.

Benton, Timothy L

With 2 posts I realize you are new here ! Welcome Aboard ! but would you mind filling out your profile ? Lets us know who we be talkin to. Moz USMC 68-70

Las Pulgas 1985-1988; Motor-T/1stMntBn1stFSSG...Anyone here remember hiking F#@k'n Mt Mutha'F#@'kah...???? And yeah...I remember tha' salty-air smell from tha' Ocean..."Roach-coaches" were also a big hit @ 0900...first time in me life [that] I ate a "beef and bean burrito..."

"Welcome aboard Russell,
    I was in from 85-89 at Pendleton with 1/5.
    About 3 yrs. ago took my family to Cali. for the theme park vacation we stayed in Anaheim and drove right by Pendleton on the way to San Diego for the zoo and sea world. Yeah it brought back some memories...
    didn't venture into Oceanside just stayed on the highway but kinda felt like going home in a way. Anyway did a couple weeks at the palms for live fire ranges don't remember much except the heat..."

Hey Charm -

thanks for writing - You Should have dropped in on Hill Street grabbed a bite to eat while you were there - You could have still had a burger over at Andre's - remember that grease spoon? Right next to the pawn shops and the Barber shop? Old memories...
    OMGGG ANDRE'S GREASEY CHEESE FRIES...NON BETTER IN THE WORLD I HAVE EVER FOUND YET..

We probably passed each other at the bus depot then - I was leavin' the stumps and headed to Camp Pend. and you were on your way in for three years of hot sand. Remember the Black Flag days over there - hell - was not fit for man nor beast sometimes. Bondsman
    I ACTUALLY REMEMBER THE BLACK FLAG DAYS IN THE STUMPS AND YUMA. I ALSO REMEMBER DRIVING FROM YUMA TO THE STUMPS TO SEE THE OLD MAN ON SECURITY DUTY...WE WAS EATING MRES OVER THE FIRE, AND WATCHING FOR BLUE EYED SNAKES..

marine 1984-88

this is the first ive found anyone close to time i was in, 9-84to 11-84 basic at mcrd san deigo, then was sent to trk co, in camp horno till i stated school at del mar, okifrom 4-85 to 4-86 at 9th motors, rotated state side and ended at las pulgas with 3rd bn 11th marines.

3RD Tank Battalion

Looking for Stanley Quackenboss who was from Claremint Ca and stationed with 3rd Tanks 29 Palms in 84 or anyone who was with them.

Thread Information