2nd Maintenance Battalion wins “Chesty” Puller Award
Create Post

Exclamation 2nd Maintenance Battalion wins “Chesty” Puller Award

MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. —Lt. Gen. Dennis Hejlik, commanding general, II Marine Expeditionary Force, presented the Lieutenant General “Chesty” Puller Award for Superior Performance to 2nd Maintenance Battalion, 2nd Marine Logistics Group, in a ceremony, here, May 15.

During the ceremony, Hejlik commended 2nd Maintenance Battalion for exceeding the unit’s mission requirements while maintaining an exceptional safety record throughout the previous year.

“You are the people responsible for this award,” said Hejlik. “You won this award, and you earned it the hard way. You earned it by taking care of one another, and by doing the right thing.”

One of 2nd Maintenance Battalion’s many accomplishments is its safety record. Out of approximately 1,500 Marines and sailors assigned to the battalion, there were no non-combat casualties the previous year.

This has allowed the unit to remain focused on its mission of supporting Marines and sailors, wherever they may go.

“The Marine Corps would not be what they are without the MLG.” said Hejlik. “I don’t know if you realize how important that is. We can’t do it without you.”

After the ceremony, Sgt. Maj. Clifford Wiggins, the battalion sergeant major, took a moment to congratulate the Marines and sailors on their achievement.

However, the moment didn’t last long. Instead of stopping to reflect on the past year, he focused his attention on the challenges to come.

“We’re at war, and I will tell you that there are insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan who hope that you get complacent,” said Wiggins. “We cannot be caught slipping. We’ve got to stay ready. I challenge you to make us even more efficient, because we can always get better.”

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	090518-M-0045F-001.jpg‎
Views:	504
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	7467  

Thread Information