Do I have a chance??? - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    I definately said some things that had no place on this forum and I sincerely apologize for that. I am not a person to ask for respect, to be honest, I cannot recall a single time I have ever pulled rank on someone (aside from this forum). I felt that I was disrespected personally, and I felt the urge to defend myself. I am one of the most lenient/passive Marines there are and I do fully agree that respect is something that needs to be earned regardless of what is on a Marine's collar. What I posted here yesterday was a mistake, I would delete it all if I could.

And you're right, my actions were influenced on the type of day I was having. I had a bad day, I have been having quite a few of those lately. I have spent the last three Christmas's stationed overseas, haven't be able to take a single day of leave in 2 years (haven't seen any of my family since the beginning of 2007), been stationed in one sh!t-hole after another and that's not even the half of it... it really takes a toll. Prolonged stress is never a good thing, and in my case, sometimes it releases itself in all the wrong places- like this forum. If all of you had the chance to walk in my shoes, then you would understand. Once I have the opportunity to take some much needed leave, my comments on these forums will be bright and shiny like everyone likes them to be.

Understood. I know what you mean about being gone for christmas. My first enlistment, I spent 0 christmas's at home. 2 on mainland Japan, 1 in Panama and 1 on Okinawa. That didn't bother me to much since I was single. I know that the situation is different with you being on the type of duty you are on. Keep your head up and look to the future. You won't be there forever.

Credits
    Savings
    Methinks that all is well now and this thread has run it's course!!

Thread Information