As a Reserve Marine will I be able to? HELP
Create Post

As a Reserve Marine will I be able to? HELP

Will I be able to go to a 4 year college at home after traing etc... If I get deployed how long do you have in advance. Say I am in the middle of a semester and i have 1 month to go. But i am told I must be deployed. How long in advance are you told about deployments.

Do you think it would be possible to be in the marine reserve and play college basketball at the same time. That would be my dream goal right now a year or 2 from now. WOuld that be possible?

Thank you

Marine Wanna-be/poolie VERY SOON

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by kocsis702 View Post
    Will I be able to go to a 4 year college at home after traing etc...
    That's affirimative. That is usually what reservists do - they go to college.
    As to your other questions, I don't know because I'm not a reservist. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you though.

marine reserve and play college basketball at the same time.
    I know I already corrected you once about this. It can be found here.

My bad I cant make that mistake DevilDog. Thanks for the reply

This is the second Marine telling you to fill out your profile.
    Read this too:
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59447

Will I be able to go to a 4 year college at home after traing etc... If I get deployed how long do you have in advance. Say I am in the middle of a semester and i have 1 month to go. But i am told I must be deployed. How long in advance are you told about deployments.
    My reserve unit was activated on the 1st of this month.. we train all summer and deploy overseas in the fall. We were "officially" notified around January or February I think.. but I knew about it, before I even went to boot camp, way back in the fall.. so no worries, they'll give you plenty of time. Will it interfere with your basketball career? Probably. Better hope you don't have a game or practice on your drill weekends. And when you get deployed, you might be able to stay on the team, but think of all the practice you'll miss. Not trying to crush your dreams, I'm just giving my honest view of the situation.

Credits
    Savings
    *****ing about no profile?

Look, iffen the cocsista can't fill out a profile, don't reply to his 'Marine Wanna-be/poolie VERY SOON' questions.

Simple as that!!

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks Al!!....doc

Thread Information