Do I have a chance???
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Do I have a chance???

Last year around this time I was about to join the national guard. I was just looking to get out of dodge. Ive always wanted to be a Marine, I just thought I would never be able to do it. well that was a year ago and Ive changed for the better. heres my story...

As I mentioned I was about to ship out for the national guard as an 11b. All I want to do is be the boots on the ground. I took my ASVAB and proceeded to go to MEPS for my physical and enlistment. I had smoked pot a little longer than a month beforehand and it showed up on my drug test. My enlistment was cancelled and I was left doing nothing. Ive always been embarrassed as should about this. I wasted people at MEPS time as well as my recruiter and myself. Were now at a year past this incident and I want to join the Marines. I have a GED, which I know I need 15 college credits in order to even be considered. Im enrolled in a community college earning my credits.

I have some priors as a juvenile but nothing serious. (prank phone calls, and a broken window)
    I figure if I volunteer at the Boys and Girls Club as well as a USMC Veterans League down the street from my house the Marine Corps will see that I have turned my life around since.

Do I have a chance to ship out at the end of this summer? Or am I doomed?

Being a pothead for one you won't have a chance in our beloved Corps maybe you should join the national guard being a Marine takes alot more than you can ever think.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    yea dude, you have a chance, i know plenty of Marines that changed their lives as civilians just to join the Marine Corps. just dont do anything stupid at all anymore, but also work harder than ever, because since you have a GED and have had incidence in the past you are going to be looked at to prove yourself no matter how much you volunteer for anything. now march yourself down to the Marine Corps Recruiters office and talk to a recruiter.
    Semper Fidelis.....

You are a pothead who was passed up by the National Guard, what makes you think you can be a Marine? The Corps doesn't accept the trash that the National Guard throws out, sorry but we have standards. My advice: join the Army, they will accept almost anyone.

I appears that you want to do volunteer work for all the wrong reasons. "Look at me, I'm volunteering, I'm a good civilian... Look-at-me!" Sorry, but you are a phony. The Corps does not like phonies, volunteer because you want to volunteer, not because you want to be recognized for it.

Credits
    Savings
    [quote=FutureRifleman;490812] Ive always wanted to be a Marine, /quote]

And it is bullshizt!

If you were really wanted to be a Marine, and you should had known better that the Marine Corps will not tolerate for illegal drug use. you also did stupid shizt and broke the law.

Sorry buddy, Noop!

You guys can talk down on me all you want but it doesn't change how I feel about joining. Im volunteering so the Marine Corps will see that Im taking steps to show that Ive changed my ways and Im transitioning into a better and cleaner way of life...

You better be a stellar scion of community service who does his utmost to uplift the whole freakin' county. The Marine Corps can choose to be pickier than ever since we're making mission on a regular basis. You have to turn from sh!tbag civilian from Podunk to exemplary example of how to be an upright American helping your fellow man.

Good show of bearing, now step it up, ramp up your efforts, blast your way through those college credits and really turn your life around. Even if you don't make it past the recruiter's hatch you'll at least show yourself that you can live by JJDIDTIEBUCKLE and make something out of yourself.

[quote=TTX;490882]
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureRifleman View Post
    Ive always wanted to be a Marine, /quote]

And it is bullshizt!

If you were really wanted to be a Marine, and you should had known better that the Marine Corps will not tolerate for illegal drug use. you also did stupid shizt and broke the law.

Sorry buddy, Noop!
    Really? No one in the Marine Corps that has ever broken the law before joining the Corps should be a Marine, in your opinion?

[quote=BR34;491179]
    Quote Originally Posted by TTX View Post

Really? No one in the Marine Corps that has ever broken the law before joining the Corps should be a Marine, in your opinion?
    We like to keep the sh!tbags out. As Marines, we can sniff out the civilians who will do harm the Corps image, and we try to redirect their interests elsewhere. I agree with the SSgt.

This kid never completed high school and is only in college because the military wouldn't accept his GED. He is a pothead who has some dark spots on his criminal record. He was passed up by the National Guard, now he is trying to waste a Marine's time. Oh, and he wants to volunteer so the Corps will notice how *good* he is, but it is just and act. He isn't volunteering because he cares about the community, he is only volunteering so he can get recognition for it- it is pathetic.

I said it once and I will say it again, he should look in to the Army, they will accept him. The Corps has high standards, we don't need nor want his kind.

I know Marines who got 3+ waivers for smoking pot when they enlisted.face it,the Corps needs bodies and recruiters are very,very good at there jobs.hell you can get a waiver for almost anything these days.sad but true.

whoa now,I didn't finish high school either and got my GED and I turned out just fine.but i had some DAMN good reasons to drop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalling View Post
    I know Marines who got 3+ waivers for smoking pot when they enlisted.face it,the Corps needs bodies and recruiters are very,very good at there jobs.hell you can get a waiver for almost anything these days.sad but true.

whoa now,I didn't finish high school either and got my GED and I turned out just fine.but i had some DAMN good reasons to drop out.
    Yep, same here (GED with college). I guess I'm a sh*tbag too. I guess when I won Marine of the Year it was given not earned. I guess my 4.9/4.9s are just a fluke. I also had a waiver for something I did when I was 18. But they're right, civilians who got into trouble before joining the Marine Corps don't deserve to be Marines. My D.I.s should be reprimanded for not "weeding me out".

It's about showing determination to self-improve. If you are too lazy to complete high school, why should the Corps invest time in effort in you? I care about the standards of the Corps, unlike some people. I take pride in the Corps "high standard", do any of you know what "high standards" mean? Does is mean the Corps should be looking into accepting GED's over diplomas? Does it mean the Corps should be accepting criminal records over clean records? Does it mean the Corps should be looking into druggies over clean citizens? What does "high standards" mean? Sure, all these individuals MIGHT make good Marines, but our "standards" demand that we take the best civilians possible. This kid is a druggie who has a criminal record, never completed high school, a phony in society, and a reject of the National Guard. Sure, lets let him in the Corps, we accept anyone and everyone! I think we need to change our name to the Army, it seems that the National Guard has higher standards than the Corps.

Should I even bother to take pride in these "high standards" that you Marines are convinced do not exist? Take my pride if you must, but please don't take my honor.

What the fu*k? Are you frekkin serious? Is this drunken typing I'm reading?!?! Don't take your honor? Did I take your honor when I enlisted? All these high standards...I know countless Marines who came in with a clean record and ended up in the brig for meth, coke, weed, STEALING T.V.s OUT OF THE BARRACKS..I can go on and on and on...FOR DAYS!!!

Who "took your pride", me, the "lazy criminal", who hasn't seen a lick of trouble in 9 years, but enlisted in what you believe is a squeaky clean Marine Corps, or them, who never saw trouble in their life, and sh*tted on every Marine and article of the UCMJ they ever ran into?

Don't stump on your honor...I'm seriously laughing at you right now...really!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post

We like to keep the sh!tbags out. As Marines, we can sniff out the civilians who will do harm the Corps image, and we try to redirect their interests elsewhere. I agree with the SSgt.

This kid never completed high school and is only in college because the military wouldn't accept his GED. He is a pothead who has some dark spots on his criminal record. He was passed up by the National Guard, now he is trying to waste a Marine's time. Oh, and he wants to volunteer so the Corps will notice how *good* he is, but it is just and act. He isn't volunteering because he cares about the community, he is only volunteering so he can get recognition for it- it is pathetic.

I said it once and I will say it again, he should look in to the Army, they will accept him. The Corps has high standards, we don't need nor want his kind.

Before you go apeshi t on this kid, I know plenty of outstanding Marines who were not such outstanding civilians. Reformed gangbangers, potheads, and drunks. Key word is reformed. If you're TRULY done being a shi thead come show us what you've got. If not, mosey along. Good luck..

PS-nobody wants your honor or your virtue, Commdog...

off subject ..I know.. but where in Worcester do you live? I am also from there..

Thread Information