Who loves PT!? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who loves PT!?

Here is what worked for me and many other of my fellow Marines. Do pyramids at least once a day. Start by doing one pullup, dropping off and immediately doing ten pushups. After this get back on the bar and do two pullups followed by ten pushups. Keep doing this until you get to five followed by ten and then work your way back down to one followed by ten, a brief rest and then a max set of pullups. If up to five is too many, then start lower around three and go for it. Your ultimate goal is to get to 10 and back down. If you can get to eight and back down you can probably do around 17 or so. If your at 10 and back down you can definitely get 20. Hope this helps and lay off the junk food if you are seriously trying to better your PT score. There is always some exception out there who can smoke all day and eat anything he wan't and still kick everyone elses &%**%^ at PT. But as I said this is the exception. Hope this helps some because it sure did help me.

For working on the pullups I recomend the Armstrong workout. When I first started the workout I was lucky if I broke ten. Now I max out everytime. It's hard work, but well worth the effort.

http://www.marineofficercandidate.com/armstrong.htm

Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    If becoming a United States Marine is your prime objective everything else is cream.

A United States Marine can go anywhere, at anytime, under any condition and meet any cause.

This is not only my experience, but the experience of many other Marines.

I was what could be termed a "fu-fu" girl when I entered the Marine Corps. Tall (5'10"), weight in at 124 pounds, and wasn't physically ready for the demands of boot. 13 weeks later, I was a lean, mean, fighting machine, a woman Marine. I made the transfer from the modeling trade to the warrior trade. From Miss. Fu-Fu to U.S. Marine. My life has never been the same since, thank God.

18 years after discharge, I am still a bad runner, except on the trend mill, mountain climb & hike (real mountains - not those east coast hills), mountain bike, swim, lift-weights, and shoot the sh!t with a group of other veteran Marines. Plus, I write motivating letters to recruits in boot. I remember how lonely it can seem not receiving a letter at mail call.

Get ready for the experience of your life. It never ends. After this life, we get called to Chesty's duty - guarding the streets of heaven. Never a moments rest!

semper fi,
    jchristin

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Bear_Grunt- check out a sporting goods store like sports authority. My husband and I picked up a pull-up bar there for about fifteen dollars. We mounted it in the kitchen doorway; anytime we walk into the kitchen, we also do a little upper body work. Having a bar in your home makes it SO much easier to work on your strength. I've made a lot of improvement in my flexed arm hang time since we installed the bar.

Good luck!

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    MillRatUSMC, all I can say about that is OOrah!, and "Once a Marine..." Its motivating to hear that the Corps is still a big part of your life, I hope some day i can do what you're doing, taking my experiences and using it to help others seeking to serve their country the best way possible.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Today we had our weekly PT session down at the recruiting office in Newark, DE. I must say, that today, I had the most intense PT session while in the DEP program, and ya know what? Even though I was pushing and hoping it would end, I've come to appreciate the fact that no matter what, our recruiters know that if they keep pushing us, we'll suck it up and take it and better ourselves. I look forward to my motivational Sat. mornings at 0900 because I know I am going to be challenged. It's sick how motivated our recruiters are, and in return how motivated they make us. I love it.

Thread Information