Okinawa, Japan - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Okinawa, Japan

I got scared lol...I seen a few guys get absolutely hammered at NJP by the Bn CO and that was enough for me....and maybe my memory is tarnished due to old age, but in the early 90's when I came in, there was very much a "zero defect mentality" on Okinawa.

A few of my buddies got AdSep for what I feel minor infractions done by those E-3 and below....just normal dumb Marine stuff...but they all got AdSep due to it along with NJP.

So, I rarely went out....I had a primitive (then it was state of the art) 8 track recorder and drum machine both made by Yamaha and I thought it was the bomb of home studio demo equipment lol...I had my Mom ship my Les Paul and Guild acoustic to me in their flight-cases. Now I wouldn't dream of letting them out of my living room lol...

First Chance/Last Chance Bar(Kadena), think they had the Habu Snake Shot. Banyan Tree...lol

I played it safe by having played the watching game prior to my deployment. I watched everyone and actually figured out who I could go out and have a good time with without any trouble, that way it's safe, fun, and everyone gets back in one piece. And if there were times when I just wanted to go get into a fight....I knew exactly who to go with!

Most of the time I just stayed out of everyone else's way and let other people get into trouble.

LOL...I hear ya...I just took the barracks-rat approach to survival and kept to myself lol...most of the guys in my platoon didn't even know I played or recorded stuff lol.....I was a transcribing animal.....figured out entire albums by Al DiMeola, Steve Morse, Ozzy w/Randy Rhoads....April Wine, Triumph....all I did was play guitar lol....when I took leave that's all I did too lol.....but I survived and made it to Corporal 4 days before I flew off the island.

Nothin wrong with the barracks rat approach. I kept my nose clean and hit all 5 ranks in just under 3 1/2 years! Quite proud of myself

Quote Originally Posted by SgtLisdog58 View Post
    Nothin wrong with the barracks rat approach. I kept my nose clean and hit all 5 ranks in just under 3 1/2 years! Quite proud of myself

Thats SH1t Hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    Thats SH1t Hot!
    Nah, like I said, keeping your nose clean and knowing your stuff will get ya promoted. They won't deny you if you know what you're talking about and not a $@#%-bird.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtLisdog58 View Post
    Nah, like I said, keeping your nose clean and knowing your stuff will get ya promoted. They won't deny you if you know what you're talking about and not a $@#%-bird.
    Hey I was just out in your neck of the woods, Mom lives in Vancouver, Brother lives in Camas, you live in a nice state. Got do a little shooting while there too, sh1t I cant do here in this dump.

I've tried Rainbow shots and Mojo at East Coast.
    and the banana show is at club Presidente right outside Gate Two

Man....I was at Hansen and I still miss Taco, Rice, and Cheese...good times, good eats for sure....I remember Mickey's had killer TRC
    Taco rice was awesome!! From that little place right outside the gate of Foster? That was great post-drinking food!

The best tacos I have ever had were at this little hole in the wall in Kokosai Street called Tacos-Ya. Those tacos are the first thing in my life that made my d**k move without females envolved.

When I got my orders to Oki, buddies told me I HAD to go diving. I said bull, I was stationed at El Toro and didn't care for the ocean then. While flying in, as you all know, my mind was made up. My daughter was recalling that just today about when we went snorkling. It had to be the best duty station I had in 20 years.

IYAOYAS

+1 on the Taco rice!!! How about the vending machines out in the middle of nowhere. Us MP's had fun during our outer perimeter checks. I was at hansen, and while driving out in Kin-town we would turn our yellow headlights on (like the JP's). We would sneak around a corner and pull up on some drinky-ho's. I have never seen a group of women take off faster in high heels and actually jump fences then i have in oki!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fallfast90 View Post
    +1 on the Taco rice!!! How about the vending machines out in the middle of nowhere. Us MP's had fun during our outer perimeter checks. I was at hansen, and while driving out in Kin-town we would turn our yellow headlights on (like the JP's). We would sneak around a corner and pull up on some drinky-ho's. I have never seen a group of women take off faster in high heels and actually jump fences then i have in oki!!!

That's a great story, Oki is awesome, and the things Marines come up with over-there (anywhere) are priceless. I can almost imagine this scene you're talking about, makes me smile. I miss Sinville..... you haf figh dolla

Was in 2/9/3 in 63/64 they were just puting the A-Signs up at that time. Wasn't much to do on off time except drink fight or get laid, all on 5 bucks. But did have a good time. Was back in 67 from Nam the place had changed.

Thread Information