higher rating for dissability
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

higher rating for dissability

I am currently at 20 % 10% on each Knee both service related and I dont understand the rating system I cant stand for more than 2 1/2 hrs or sit for more than 2 1/2 hrs, I was asked why I dont use a cane when I walk by the VA doc. and all I get is 10 % on each Kneen how do they determine the rating and how do I get it increased, Loosing my Job after 19 yrs 11 months 3 weeks and going back into the "regular" work force just aint an option for me and I dont know what to do. I have been out since July of 89 and have been fortunate to work at a job where it would accomidate me in breaks and lunch breaks, but I dont know what to do know. Any help would be great, thaks ihn advance.

SEMPRE FI
    DAVE

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Go straight to the DAV office at your VA Hospital and they will do the paperwork for you for to reopen your case, then an Appt. for Re-evaluation from the clinic and wait.
    Good Luck but don't wait my brother, get it done NOW!!!
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky 100% SC.

I did that about a year after my initial evaluation and it was the same as the first time but its getting worse for me to get around, will my local VA clinic do anything for me or should I go directly to the DAV office ?
    thanks

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Go right to the DAV office first to reopen your claim. then the clinic and if the clinic doesn't do anything for you, go to the Patient Advocates Office and tell them that you are feeling worse and THEY will get you to the Clinic Chief for MRI'S etc.

Thanks Devil Dog

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your Wecome Dave and Good Luck.
    I am a Life Member DAV.
    Let me know how you make out Brother,
    Semper Fi,

Rocky

Oh I Will Bud Just Found This Site And I Aint Leaving

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome Aboard and Square away your profile Dave. You will get alot more advise from the Brothers and Sisters here when it is completed because you know us MARINES, Hyper-Vigilent we remain.
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIsland View Post
    Welcome Aboard and Square away your profile Dave. You will get alot more advise from the Brothers and Sisters here when it is completed because you know us MARINES, Hyper-Vigilent we remain.
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Done and Done

Since you already have a claim with the VA you can write on ordinary letterhead a request to be reevaluted for disability... state your reasons why you think its wrong.. believe me they do this all the time, I have a vet who came in my office was only discharged 6 months earlier medically after serving a year both knees bad too. they didnt give him a rating they told him the VA would do it. They rated him 10% total !!! I had him send in a reevaluation its crazy... if you get to 60% you can request unemployability and be rated at 100% if its proven.

thanks
    right now I have no choice but to wait till July , thats when Im getting layed off after almost 20 yrs and I need all the hrs I can get now but I will definatly look further into it and get with the DAV personal at the nearest VA hospital

Just a little update...

I went to Palo Alto VA on Fri. the 5th and had my follw up app. with the VA, I think it went well but Its gonna take at least 2-3 months for the final evaluation to come to me so I can see if my disability will be increased, Now I have to go to Livermore to see a Orthopedic surgen about my Knees so fingers crossed that will go well, then I filled out a PTSD questioneer and now they wanna talk to me about that...Hope that goes OK.

Semper Fi Jarheads

Dave I will tell you this get the paper going now do'nt wait until you get layed off. The V.a. takes its time. So get in asap. I know guys that have been frighting them going on 2 years and longer. Like they were saying go to the D.A.V. do not wait. Let us know how it goes for you brother. Semper Fi. SSGT. Francisco.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

Who ever your service officer was didn't do a very good job...PUT IN AN APPEAL TOMORROW ..... If I did your claim you be unemployable due to increased pain, restricted mobility, and whatever else I could come up with....Don't dick around with these people they are not your friend. The VA system was told to cut cost any way they can...even at your expense.

Quote Originally Posted by kfisbusy View Post
    Dave I will tell you this get the paper going now do'nt wait until you get layed off. The V.a. takes its time. So get in asap. I know guys that have been frighting them going on 2 years and longer. Like they were saying go to the D.A.V. do not wait. Let us know how it goes for you brother. Semper Fi. SSGT. Francisco.

got layed off in Oct. but the paper work was started before that it took this long to get in and thanks for the advice and help

Thread Information