Windows 7 RC does not uninstall
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Exclamation Windows 7 RC does not uninstall

RC candidates beware

By Stephen Pate, NJN Network, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada, May 10, 2009

Windows 7 does not uninstall automatically. While the installation says it is creating a restore point, that point is not your last operating system as in Vista or Windows XP. Microsoft is not clearly warning people when they download the free release code. None of the support sites contemplate reverting which is too optimistic.

This means if you are not happy with Windows 7 release candidate you can live with it or manually re-install your previous operating system. The last choice is time consuming and complex. All drivers will need to be installed for your computer, all programs, all data.

After 10 days with Windows 7, the bloom is off the rose. Several programs will not work. Most of them are video programs like Adobe Premier Elements, A/V 8, video editing software and video conversion software. The nVidia drivers are beta 1.1 versions.

However, I use those programs daily so I must revert to Vista 64.
    I will have to back up all my programs and data. Vista will be re-installed from the Dell OEM disks. The drivers will need to be installed then updated. All the software will be re-installed and the data copied back. It will take 1-2 days.

http://www.njnnetwork.com/njn/?p=11144

Wa wa wa. My system came with a Vista build. I had to roll back everything and find XP drivers for it. That was a pain in the ass. Then I converted my old SATA drives to externals and used them for backups once I transferred everything over to the new SATAs.

What's my point? I'm stuck at work, finished everything I had to do over 3 hours ago and I'm pontificating what else I need to upgrade my system with.

Oh yeah, took me all one day. Don't look forward to IE8 or Windows 7 to be ready for widespread use anytime soon (like ALL other Microsoft products since they put the kibosh on straight DOS).

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Wa wa wa. My system came with a Vista build. I had to roll back everything and find XP drivers for it. That was a pain in the ass. Then I converted my old SATA drives to externals and used them for backups once I transferred everything over to the new SATAs.

What's my point? I'm stuck at work, finished everything I had to do over 3 hours ago and I'm pontificating what else I need to upgrade my system with.

Oh yeah, took me all one day. Don't look forward to IE8 or Windows 7 to be ready for widespread use anytime soon (like ALL other Microsoft products since they put the kibosh on straight DOS).
    MSFT, what an unstable operating system. This guy has made billions by putting out mediocre software for cheap.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    1. what is Windows 7??
    2. DO NOT DOWNLOAD IE-8...it's FVCKED UP...FUBAR!!
    3. stick with Win. Vista Home Prem.....fast, and works just fine....except for Win Media Player....IT SUCKS...BIG TIME!!!!
    4. be VERY careful WHAT FOLDER you download music FROM....AND what FOLDER you SAVE your music TO!!
    5. I've got Rhapsody, and Zune...both work just fine, if you are careful with the folder upload, and where to save it!!
    GOOD FVCKING LUCK!!!!.....DOC

Quote Originally Posted by jetdawgg View Post
    MSFT, what an unstable operating system. This guy has made billions by putting out mediocre software for cheap.
    Same model as the automotive industry. You could buy a vehicle and run it into the ground until 400k miles and fix it yourself.

Now they've increased the learning curve and are ensuring that only a licensed dealer or dealer trained tech can fix the problem. That is when the problem can be fixed.... if!

Now apply that to the computer industry. Good luck organizing a boycott. People don't want to learn Linux/Unix or get on a stable platform because of all the legwork that's involved.

Doc, the wife has Vista Home loaded up but I don't remember getting an updated service pack so I hate it.

I run XP Pro at home and it runs nice and quick on both monitors, instead of chugging along or requiring twice the memory for half the functionality.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    GENTLEMEN....please download Win. Service Pack #1...FREE! Use your Win. Update file. STILL.....what's Window's 7??? Do you mean IE 7?? This is my 13th year with Win. operating systems, and when I have a problem...90% of the time, it's my fault!! I went right from Win. 98 (updated) to Vista Home Prem. I've ONLY had problems with Win. Photo Gallery, and the dam Media Player, BUT...I'll fix the problems, if I have to stay up for 3 NIGHT'S!!!....."PC" DOC

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Doc, Windows 7 is the new operating system from Microsoft but it is a Beta release so don't download it!!!.
    As for me and my laptop, IE8, Windows XP Pro Media Center Edition, Service Pack 3, .Net Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1, Silverlight 2 and I'm good to go.

Rocky

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ROCKY....I'm surprized that you've NOT had any problems with IE-8!! I tried, but had so much trouble....I switched back to IE-7!!....DOC

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    ROCKY....I'm surprized that you've NOT had any problems with IE-8!! I tried, but had so much trouble....I switched back to IE-7!!....DOC
    Doc, you can go to microsoft.com and download the 2 updates already released for IE8 for free and you'll be good to go.
    Rocky

Credits
    Savings
    What do it mean, Beta release?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    What do it mean, Beta release?
    It's in it's trial stage but only for advanced users and once you download it, the only way to remove it is for a complete reinstall of your operating system but you better make sure you have all your OS discs.

The Full version of Windows 7 should be released in September and the Basic version will be about $300 bucks.

I'm sticking with Windows XP PRO until there is no more support for it( updates, service packs, security, etc ) which Microsoft says will end in 2014.

Rocky

Thumbs up Ive got one up on all of you

If got one up on all of you, I don't use Microsof, or Apple Operating Systems. I work with Linux, and Unix Systems. My main version is Ubuntu. For those you you that have no fuc$ing clue as to what the hell Im talking about. Well that can just explain how much of a geek I am.

Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    If got one up on all of you, I don't use Microsof, or Apple Operating Systems. I work with Linux, and Unix Systems. My main version is Ubuntu. For those you you that have no fuc$ing clue as to what the hell Im talking about. Well that can just explain how much of a geek I am.
    Now that's some good trash right there

E3O, did ya pay for any of that?

Rocky, how's Silverlight workin' for ya?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It's Working Great!!! I downloaded Silverlight 2 and my laptop screen is Truelife also so it's looks better than my LCD HDTV.
    Sh*t is amazing to look at now.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    UBUNTU??...isn't that Swahili for "in the AZZ"?? OH! YEAH!....geeks have portable hard drives that they take to your place, and steal your programs, and put a virus in your hard drive!!!...Welcome to the Millenium!!.....DOC

Thread Information