Prior service Marine returning to active duty questions - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    a good thing for you would be the Lat Move afforded you by going to a PSR... then when you apply for active duty down the road you can possibly keep that MOS... problem is, if you have issues getting back on contract in the reserves you'll pass over oct 1st with your new MOS school then you'll have a hard time getting a conditional release so your recruiters can work with you from your chain of command.

It all depends on what kind of time frame you are looking at.

also, go in as any MOS but go for the MarSOC... they will be like infantry but better and you'll have an MOS to go home to when you don't like it anymore...

Motor T maint is sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shaded07018 View Post
    I was discharged honorbly as an E4. But, seeing as to how everyone will most likely keep their rank, they'll lose out on TIG... Which is fine, I can deal with that.
    Isn't there a deadline on retaining your rank? That is a long time to be out, and go back in at the same rank.

That is what I originally thought as well Samthomas... But according to the local psr, the MC can't take that rank, nor Ssgt. away because they are the beginning ranks of NCO/ SNCO.

If I had gotten out as an E3, I'd probably keep that.. or lose the cross rifles...

But, if I had gotten out as a Sgt., I would most likely lose a stripe and go in as a Cpl..

But, that's what I've been TOLD. Who knows what will ACTUALLY happen.

....I've thought about it, researched it... I don't quite understand what the new fiscal year has to do with my psr's and contract status.

Can you explain again barney style please?

MarSoc is much easier said than done. But then again, I guess I have 7 months to train for it... Ehhh...

....I don't believe 30 months is enough to train for MarSoc.

My recruiter I'm working w/ on getting back to active said this October the Corps will no longer accept PSEP's because the Corps is overstaffed and recruiting quotas are always filled/exceeded.
    Has anyone heard anything on this??
    Semper Fi

fill out your profile private... then read the forum rules and maybe your question will get answered.

their quotas mean nothing in the grander scheme of the Corps. The message said as of Oct 1st they will open up PSEP packages and Marines will have to compete for those openings. I would suggest you get your package together now so it can be submitted Oct 1st. you will need to goto meps, get things ok'd and other such things that pertain to you.

stick with it and you will get your reward.

don't let your recruiter tell you he has no time or slots for you... you are not taking a poolees job.

Very well.. Thank you for this advice. I'll get on the ball w/ it.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    FOUR FVCKING PAGES OF THIS SH!T???? WHAT THE FVCK??? Take our advice...for what it's worth....ZIPPO...and get on with your FUN...in The Corps!!!!.....DOC

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    their quotas mean nothing in the grander scheme of the Corps. The message said as of Oct 1st they will open up PSEP packages and Marines will have to compete for those openings. I would suggest you get your package together now so it can be submitted Oct 1st. you will need to goto meps, get things ok'd and other such things that pertain to you.
    Is there a difference between Reserve and AD with regards to the PSEP packages? If so maybe going reserves then augmenting over to the AD side would help with fellow Marines?

Ok, I know the answer is probably talk to a recruiter, but just looking for some advice here first I guess. I got out in 2004 honorably w/ an re-4 code on my DD-214. Am I still eligible to get back into the Marines?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by mamacrane2 View Post
    Ok, I know the answer is probably talk to a recruiter, but just looking for some advice here first I guess. I got out in 2004 honorably w/ an re-4 code on my DD-214. Am I still eligible to get back into the Marines?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance.
    RE-4- Not recommended for reenlistment
    Plus they are not accepting any waivers at this time.

I have been dealing with SSgt. Gordon who is the prior service recruiter for Oregon and Alaska. He is probably one of the best prior service recruiters out there due to the fact that he will talk to anyone concerning their options regardless of where the Marine lives. His contact information is 503-286-3962 and he looks forward to speaking with anyone interested in returning to active duty or the reserves. If he was able to get me back in he can get anyone in and just for everyone’s information it took me two years and 4 months to come back.

Thread Information