Confusion about the PLC Program - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I heard its not too hard to go from reserve to active. But I also heard that you cannot switch from active to reserves. This is from what I know.

well if for some reason I don't get the officer position i would definitely go active... I just don't like the thought of being a reservist the whole contract (no offense to anyone)

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    well if for some reason I don't get the officer position i would definitely go active... I just don't like the thought of being a reservist the whole contract (no offense to anyone)
    If you don't like the idea of being a reservist and fulfiling your contract then don't sign. If you want to go AD then sign an AD contract and go for it. If you want to be a reservist then be one and if you want to be an officer then talk to your OSO and apply for the PLC program. If you're not "comfortable" with everything required of you in any contract, then don't sign it. It's really not that difficult. Stop shuffling your feet and make a decision.

Now to answer your question. Yes, it is possible to switch from reserves to AD. It happens a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by grodunt View Post
    It's really not that difficult. Stop shuffling your feet and make a decision.

Now to answer your question. Yes, it is possible to switch from reserves to AD. It happens a lot.
    In case you didn't read the first post, I already have made a decision, But now that I know I can go into Active Duty, I'm no longer confused. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    In case you didn't read the first post, I already have made a decision, But now that I know I can go into Active Duty, I'm no longer confused. Thank you.

look man, we're all just trying to help.

You seem like you are torn about your enlistment/going to OCS. And frankly, it doesn't seem like your putting a lot of faith in yourself in completing OCS. Your questions have shifted from if your plan is correct, to going active duty enlisted. If you want to stay enlisted and go active duty, then go for it, if you want to be an officer, you don't need all of this reserve stuff, just go to OCS. If you're looking for somebody to pay for your college, since you did ask (and mentioned you dropped out because you couldn't pay for it) then joining the Marines probably isn't the best decision.

The LCpl was just giving you some tough love and trying to get you motivated, no need to show an attitude at least towards Marines. That won't gain you any respect around here.

Good luck in your journey.

Oh, I realized from another post that if I got hurt or something and didn't get through OCS, I could transfer into Active Duty.

I'm not joining the Corps to get college paid for me, if it were up to me I wouldn't go to college at all, but since a degree is a prereq to being an officer, I will do whatever is necessary.

But I meant no attitude, I guess I couldv'e worded that better, sorry LCpl.

Thread Information