How do I mount campaign stars on ribbons?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do I mount campaign stars on ribbons?

I mean, I can do it, but it always seems they get a little crooked and I have no idea what the hell Im doign wrong.

You know I tihnk I got the hang of it, a little bit of meticulousness and some crazy glue and its looking pretty AJ squared away

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    You know I tihnk I got the hang of it, a little bit of meticulousness and some crazy glue and its looking pretty AJ squared away
    Thats how we did it.

Take the prongs off and super glue it.
    Very VERY conservative on the glue.

This way you don't have to worry about the holes enlarging over time, the star shifting when you bend the prongs, or having the prongs snag as you slide it on to the ribbon bar.

Honestly, IMO it's not worth doing it yourself and risking ruining ribbon's or medal's in the process...it's not much more to have them mounted professionally and they are responsible for the work.

I like the ultra-thin ribbons they are making now...several sites have them and they usually include mounting and devices with the price per ribbon, which is a great deal.

Also, if you itemize your expenses, you can write them off annually.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    SAM....you mean anally, or yearly?...DOC

Also, if you itemize your expenses, you can write them off annually.

1an·nu·al Pronunciation:\ˈan-yə(-wə)l, -yü-əl\ Function:adjective Etymology:Middle English, from Anglo-French & Late Latin; Anglo-French annuel, from Late Latin annualis, blend of Latin annuus yearly (from annus year) and Latin annalis yearly (from annus year); probably akin to Gothic athnam (dative plural) years, Sanskrit atati he walks, goesDate:14th century1 : covering the period of a year <annual rainfall> 2 : occurring or happening every year or once a year : yearly <an annual reunion> 3 : completing the life cycle in one growing season or single year <annual plants>
    an·nu·al·ly adverb

LOL....

However, I do it the 'old fashioned way', putting the prongs thru the ribbon. Really, with a bit of practice, it's not that difficult. If someone has old ribbons, practice with those. You'll get the hang of it.

Now, I wouldn't do it with medals, I agree, unless you know what you are doing, have them professionally done. It's worth the expense....and you can, in fact, write it off on your taxes.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I used fingernail clippers to cut about 2/3'rds of the prongs off. You just want two little spikes sticking out. Line it up and poke it through then on the backside apply a small amount of glue where the prongs came through.

Now don't go gluing stars to your thumb and making a royal mess out of the operation. One thing about poking the whole prong through and bending it over, as designed, is they some how magically enlarge the holes and end up canted. Trying to reset them enlarges the holes further.

Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up

I second the Ultrathin endorsement. Real nice folks who do some sharp work...

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Why do want to mount your ribbons?

I thought you was done with this shiat!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Why do want to mount your ribbons?

I thought you was done with this shiat!

Who, me? My boot azz just signed for 5 more!

I had so many, I used Ultrathin over the years. I could never get them on straight.

As timed passed and I saved a few dollars, I just bought the ribbons and medals mounted. Cost is high, but it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    Who, me? My boot azz just signed for 5 more!
    Jesus Christ! Are promotions still that slow in the grunts?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Alisium View Post
    Jesus Christ! Are promotions still that slow in the grunts?

sittin on an 1808...0351 was closed for June...mid 17's....man...

but i'll make no excuses...i am a fvckin turd...plt sgt almost flushed me down the shi tter once by accident...caught his mistake then told me to clean the shi tter while i was down there...i tell ya i get no respect...

Thread Information