Need Help With Mos Decision - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

6217 Mos

First off i apologize for the other devils and their inability to answer a simple question. I myself was a 6217...Plane Captain,Power Liner,Power Plants, Line Shack. These are all names for the mos so you can google some info on what is involved in this mos.There is alot of responsibility and stress. This is not shy you away but more to make sure you will understand and prepare for what will be expected of you. You will work on F-18a/b/c/d aircraft and possibly during school you will have the choice to choose Harriers or C-130's. You will endure long days or nights depending on what crew your on....i.e. 10-20 hours of work, 12 hour day crew and 12 on night crew...(personal experience). Your job is to maintain the aircraft to which you are assigned to work on that day or hour...or what have you. Your maintenance and daily and turnaround inspection of the aircraft is very important. Peoples lives are counting on you ability to do a job,correctly and efficiently. All work comes with manuals called pubs (publications). These are your guide to doing work the way it should be done and no other way. Some of the benefits is the awesome ability to travel and experience new places...It makes it all worth it. I.E. Thailand, Guam, Wake Island, Hawaii, Australia, Japan, just a few places I have been. There is no regret in this Marine...This is as much as i can give right now...but remember if you want to be a Marine go for it! A lot of people talk about there dreams....not a lot act on them... and even fewer live them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Plane Captain K View Post
    First off i apologize for the other devils and their inability to answer a simple question. I myself was a 6217...Plane Captain,Power Liner,Power Plants, Line Shack. These are all names for the mos so you can google some info on what is involved in this mos.There is alot of responsibility and stress. This is not shy you away but more to make sure you will understand and prepare for what will be expected of you. You will work on F-18a/b/c/d aircraft and possibly during school you will have the choice to choose Harriers or C-130's. You will endure long days or nights depending on what crew your on....i.e. 10-20 hours of work, 12 hour day crew and 12 on night crew...(personal experience). Your job is to maintain the aircraft to which you are assigned to work on that day or hour...or what have you. Your maintenance and daily and turnaround inspection of the aircraft is very important. Peoples lives are counting on you ability to do a job,correctly and efficiently. All work comes with manuals called pubs (publications). These are your guide to doing work the way it should be done and no other way. Some of the benefits is the awesome ability to travel and experience new places...It makes it all worth it. I.E. Thailand, Guam, Wake Island, Hawaii, Australia, Japan, just a few places I have been. There is no regret in this Marine...This is as much as i can give right now...but remember if you want to be a Marine go for it! A lot of people talk about there dreams....not a lot act on them... and even fewer live them out.
    Thanks, Captain - when you're done pattin yourself on the back why don'tcha fill out ur profile. Tanks

A 23-26 year old MAN

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Thanks, Captain - when you're done pattin yourself on the back why don'tcha fill out ur profile. Tanks
    So you're a Sgt of Marines hunh? This forum is to help a young man with a question pertaining to particular mos's. So your off track analysis of my profile is unimportant and irrelevant. As to your witty remark about my current rank. I think the correct response would be Sir....Devil.

Semper

So you're a Sgt of Marines hunh? This forum is to help a young man with a question pertaining to particular mos's. So your off track analysis of my profile is unimportant and irrelevant. As to your witty remark about my current rank. I think the correct response would be Sir....Devil.

Semper

Oh boy.....and I just got back from church.

1. I'm not your hun, first of all there Captain caveman. And you damn sure can make out rank good, atta boy sparky. I am a Sgt. of Marines, good job.

2. YOU HAVE NO PROFILE DICWAD, So then, my analysis of your profile is as on track as it can get, like a freight train running right up your asz. Fill out your profile meathead, that help, you abla?

3. And, you moron, my calling you Captain had nothing to do with your rank and everything to do with your screen name, bonehead. If you listed any rank in your profile except E-1 then I might have responded to you with that title, but since you HAVE NOT filled out a profile, I used portions of your witty screen name.

4. Finally, don't Semper me you piece of crap. Fix yourself before you even start to think you're going to get into MY junk. I don't care who you are, or what plane you flew in on. If you are going to come in here bustin on Marines then you better have your stuff squared away like AJ.

Quote Originally Posted by scrummy9 View Post
    I am debating between two MOS's. 6217 (Fixed-Wing Aircraft Mechanic, F/A-18) and 3521 (Automotive Organizational Mechanic). I have pretty much no experience for either, but I'm interested in taking things apart and fixing them as well as cars.
    I was a 0311, so I am unable to speak about the specifics of the jobs that you have listed. I would imagine that it is a simple toss up both will be similar in many respects, so just pick the one that seems to be more interesting. Personally, given only those two choices, I would go for 6217.

thank you Cpt. K. I appreciate all of you help and I hopefully will come to show my ability to keep our marines alive. I am also researching an NROTC program for aviation? My only problem is that ROTC doesn't cover technical schools which is the only place to learn about aircraft. So i dont know but thank you. If you have any info on that it would also be much appreciated.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by scrummy9 View Post
    thank you Cpt. K. I appreciate all of you help and I hopefully will come to show my ability to keep our marines alive. I am also researching an NROTC program for aviation? My only problem is that ROTC doesn't cover technical schools which is the only place to learn about aircraft. So i dont know but thank you. If you have any info on that it would also be much appreciated.
    What's the deal, you still can't capitalize Marines!!

... and plane captain k the plane captain, you devil you ...
    About Plane Captain K Rank E-1
    Year Entered Marine Corps 2007
    Year Exited Marine Corps Still in Service
    When you return with your little witty remarks, give me a heads up. I hate eating stale popcorn and drinking warm Martinis.

You, devil, are gonna get your head and ass handed to you on a platter!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WTF???????/ I Love Posers.......
    Go Cpt a roll of T-paper, Boot.

To clear things up a bit...for those of you who want to chew my ass for not promptly editing my profile this is how it goes....I am an active-duty 28 year old Cpt. I was enlisted up to the rank of Cpl,...and was excepted to OCS through MECEP...a great program. So boot doesnt apply to me "SPARKIE". 2007 Is simply the year I joined my first unit as a commisioned officer. The funny thing about all of this is no one seems to realize that this forum...blog....discussion...was created to help a would be Marine with legitimate questions that the community should offer advice about...but instead do the typical meathead crap and try to be a smart ass or Mr. Tough Guy. No one wants to hear that crap except you! Help those who need your help.

Semper, Gentlemen

To clear things up a bit...for those of you who want to chew my ass for not promptly editing my profile this is how it goes....I am an active-duty 28 year old Cpt. I was enlisted up to the rank of Cpl,...and was excepted to OCS through MECEP...a great program. So boot doesnt apply to me "SPARKIE". 2007 Is simply the year I joined my first unit as a commisioned officer. The funny thing about all of this is no one seems to realize that this forum...blog....discussion...was created to help a would be Marine with legitimate questions that the community should offer advice about...but instead do the typical meathead crap and try to be a smart ass or Mr. Tough Guy. No one wants to hear that crap except you! Help those who need your help.

Semper, Gentlemen
    Roger that, Sir. Now I'll refer to you as Captain because that's the rank you earned. No offense, but if you had a legitimate profile from the get go it would have eliminated the discussion. My original comments to you were directed to just that: I saved the meathead Mr. Toughguy routine for when you really pizzed me off. Hopefully you'll stick around and you'll notice we like to get the profiles squared away from the get go so we can filter through the jokers and posers. I hope you understand. Semper Fi, Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Now that you've cleared the smoke,,,,I apoligise, Sir. Also good to see you're not thin skinned.
    You know,,,,a few of us meatheads have been answering questions for years now, sending letters, care packages to the sandbox, meathead stuff like that. We also patrol the area. sorry you were caught in the sweep.
    Good to have you aboard. Welcome. Now you can begin to help out.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    HA! HA! HA! HA!.....Thanks for the giggle...gentlemen!! NOW...I can have my SECOND breakfast...with a big sh!t-eating grin!!.....DOC

Clean off ur nose Doc....

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    HA! HA! HA! HA!.....Thanks for the giggle...gentlemen!! NOW...I can have my SECOND breakfast...with a big sh!t-eating grin!!.....DOC
    It figures the squid Doc would be giggling about a few enlisted Marines getting ripped on by a Captain.

The funny thing about all of this is no one seems to realize that this forum...blog....discussion...was created to help a would be Marine with legitimate questions that the community should offer advice about...
    Well sir, it seems to me that this site was created as a place for Marines, both present and past, to get together and mingle. The poolees and wannabees are here as our guests. We make them all follow the rules of the site. As such, we must have our own (who have earned the Title) do the same. We cannot be hypocritical, and we would hardly be Marines if we didn't correct our own.

Just my two cents, sir. Semper Fidelis.

The funny thing about all of this is no one seems to realize that this forum...blog....discussion...was created to help a would be Marine with legitimate questions that the community should offer advice about
    Good morning Skipper..... Everyone here fully understands this site's intentions. Seeing how you just came onboard, maybe you should look and listen to some of the Marines that painted those yellow footprints you once stood on at MCRD. Everyone here wants to help these young wannabe killers out with the info they desire but the site does expect a profile prior to posting. There is nothing wrong with that. As mentioned, it does help to weed out the trash and also helps people know a little about whom they are addressing. Easy enough. Semper Fi

Thread Information