SRT and RTT?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SRT and RTT?

SRT and RTT?

Good day Marines, I hope my question is not stupid in any way but let me give you a bit of back round information. I'm a senior in high school and I've had a big interest in becoming a Marine for as long as I can remember. No matter what job I do in the Corps during my enlistment when I get out, I want to pursue in law enforcement, specifically I want to be a SWAT member. After doing my research I found both the Recapture Tactics Team and Special Response Team very interesting. They both appear to be SWAT like. I understand that in order to go RTT you need to be infantry and for SRT military police. I was just wondering which would be best and which most resembles a police department's SWAT team. Any replies would be extremely helpful. Thank you for your time and thank you for serving our nation.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MotivatedJP View Post
    Good day Marines, I hope my question is not stupid in any way but let me give you a bit of back round information. I'm a senior in high school and I've had a big interest in becoming a Marine for as long as I can remember. No matter what job I do in the Corps during my enlistment when I get out, I want to pursue in law enforcement, specifically I want to be a SWAT member. After doing my research I found both the Recapture Tactics Team and Special Response Team very interesting. They both appear to be SWAT like. I understand that in order to go RTT you need to be infantry and for SRT military police. I was just wondering which would be best and which most resembles a police department's SWAT team. Any replies would be extremely helpful. Thank you for your time and thank you for serving our nation.
    Your first problem is becoming a Marine. It doesn't make any difference what your MOS was when it comes to civilian police jobs. Simple as that.

Plus you can't join a PD and go straight to a SWAT team. You'll need some time on the job (how much depends on the department and your performance). You'll still have to pass all of their tests and take all of their training. Your MOS means little to nothing in the long run.

I understand, I just didn't know the difference or similarities between the two and I wanted to get some info, and experience on what it would be like to be in a SWAT team. Thank you for the reply.

I'm a former MP and SRT member that served in the Corps from '02-'06. SRT is the military's version of SWAT. If you have any specific questions about SRT or MP work, send me a message.
    Semper Fi-

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Your first problem is becoming a Marine. It doesn't make any difference what your MOS was when it comes to civilian police jobs. Simple as that.
    Apparently this guy can't fathom planning ahead in life further than 5 years in the future. His MOS can help him prepare for what to expect in future training environments in the civilian world.

Quote Originally Posted by MotivatedJP View Post
    I understand that in order to go RTT you need to be infantry and for SRT military police.
    You don't have to be infantry to go RTT, but most of the folks are. When I taught at the CQB schoolhouse we had MP's and other non-infantry Marines come through the course.

Who are you, seven posts in a you know all. Funny. Show some respect ("this guy") if you ever expect to get it.

Last edited by Sgt Leprechaun; 08-19-11 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Who are you, seven posts in a you know all. Funny. Show some respect ("this guy") if you ever expect to get it.
    Shut your face wookie (and I mean that in the derogatory term for useless, hairy, female Marines)

I will point out what is apparent.

Haha, big man behind a screen. What is apparent is you are a boot azz punk. Get off my jock, biotch.

Last edited by Sgt Leprechaun; 08-19-11 at 04:57 PM.

Haha, big man behind a screen. What is apparent is you are a boot azz punk. Get off my jock, biotch.
    Want to compare combat deployments?

No, I didn't think so.

Does that make you special, you think so, chump?

You were in at the right time. I went in for the first gulf, while you were still probably succking you mommy's teet, you little biotch, but it ended to quickly for me to be cool like you. BFD.

Wanna compare awards and other things you had to earn, not just be in at the right place and at the right time. Huh chitbag.

HUH? We'll see how long you last here, have fun, chump.

Does that make you special, you think so, chump?

You were in at the right time. I went in for the first gulf, while you were still probably succking you mommy's teet, you little biotch, but it ended to quickly for me to be cool like you. BFD.

Wanna compare awards and other things you had to earn, not just be in at the right place and at the right time. Huh chitbag.

HUH? We'll see how long you last here, have fun, chump.
    Sure we can do that too. I watched the first gulf war on T.V. all 100 days of it, while also enjoying the Giants beating the Bills. Do you automatically assume anyone who has been on combat deployments in the last 10 years is 19?

You act as if this account being banned is some kind of limitation.

tl;dr, I've done more than you in my first year of service, than you did in your entire enlistment.

Ooooh you are my hero, keep dreaming guy, keep dreaming. Have fun chump, bye. I'm going out on my boat now, go field day your room.

Why don't you PM me your name so I can have one of my boys look you up, find out that you are a nasty biotch cook. Big deployment guy. lol.....

Ooooh you are my hero, keep dreaming guy, keep dreaming. Have fun chump, bye. I'm going out on my boat now, go field day your room.
    I live in a house with a nice california king sized bed too.

Oh my, sweet mother of, god these emoticons are the worst.

Anyways,

RTT and SRT are not what you imagine. They get a cool school assuming you get selected to go to it. But in all reality its NOT rainbow 6. You learn shooting, transitioning, breaching and stuff, but the "missions" usually are training scenarios. Occasionally something happens and you get to do something but rarely are there hostage situations on base or buildings getting seized.

If you want action go active duty and be an 03. You will see what you want to see that way. This is the best advise I can give you. And I am a CQB shooter school trained just did not go to a Recapture Tactics Team. But I worked extensively with them from April 2005 - July 2007

Thread Information