Need Help With Mos Decision
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Need Help With Mos Decision

I'm 17 years old (junior). I am going DEP next year at beginning of senior year and I am debating between two MOS's. 6217 (Fixed-Wing Aircraft Mechanic, F/A-18) and 3521 (Automotive Organizational Mechanic). I have pretty much no experience for either, but I'm interested in taking things apart and fixing them as well as cars.

I just was wondering if any past or present marines under this MOS could help me out with a few of the pros and cons of each job. Is this job right for me?

I appreciate it. Thanks.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries

Mos

Aint but one! 0300-Grunt, a real Marine

a rifleman?

i was looking at that too

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You like fixin things?????? stay with it. Pay no mind to the grunts. Mine was 2841,,,,, Fixin transmitters,,,,,,,,

transmitters? like electronics?

no offense but im more into like the car aspect of that like taking cars apart and fixing them i like the whole mechanics bit. but what do you do in the MOS you chose?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    First of all,,,,, I didn't choose my MOS. In those days, it was the good of the Corps.
    Second, I had a toolbox, a soldering iron, and a years worth of MOS school. The Grunts need Communications. You wanna fix trucks,,, Go for motor T.

ok i was just asking

i dont know the old ways. I'm only 17. I just want a head start on deciding.
    Thanks for the help.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Nowadays,,,,,, Whatever you want,,,,, Get it on paper.

ok well i dont know yet I really like cars but military vehicles aren't cars, their tanks and jets are a good way to go job wise if i end up not liking the marines. I honestly hope I like the corps because it seems like i could make a life out of it as long as they have rugby

i have done research this forum is just my way of talking to MARINES about them. I am just looking for info on each of the 2 MOS' I am looking at pursuing. But thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by scrummy9 View Post
    i have done research this forum is just my way of talking to MARINES about them. I am just looking for info on each of the 2 MOS' I am looking at pursuing. But thank you.

You didn't do enough research. See your above posts for case and point.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29048

i did capitalize Marines..what did I do wrong?

i did capitalize Marines..what did I do wrong?

See below:

I'm 17 years old (junior). I am going DEP next year at beginning of senior year and I am debating between two MOS's. 6217 (Fixed-Wing Aircraft Mechanic, F/A-18) and 3521 (Automotive Organizational Mechanic). I have pretty much no experience for either, but I'm interested in taking things apart and fixing them as well as cars.

I just was wondering if any past or present marines under this MOS could help me out with a few of the pros and cons of each job. Is this job right for me?

I appreciate it. Thanks.
    ok well i dont know yet I really like cars but military vehicles aren't cars, their tanks and jets are a good way to go job wise if i end up not liking the marines. I honestly hope I like the corps because it seems like i could make a life out of it as long as they have rugby

alrite i apologize

Thread Information