Tailgunner or crew chief? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Books View Post
    My attitude is fantastic and I have tons of respect for most people - just not for you.

I don't know you, you don't know me, but clearly you like making sweeping generalizations about my attitude and respect. I am an extremely motivated, hard-charging poolee. I am entrusted with my recruiters with a lot of delicate responsibilities incident to their own jobs that probably no other poolee has ever been trusted to do, ever. I didn't come off the varsity football team and my dad ain't no senator and I've worked hard to be the poolee that I can be, so the last thing I could really care about is for some person to make judgment calls on my character over the internet. Notice how I don't respond to you seriously. I am mocking you. I don't care if you were a guardsman or an 11B, your BS means nothing to me, and for someone saying I am "holier than thou", you really got a lot of sanctimony yourself for preaching about what is going to happen to me.

And if you really are that dense to think I am really interested in exchanging sexual favors, then I think it is obvious who is going to have a rougher time down the road. You take yourself too seriously.
    Hm. lol. Eighteen and knows it all... good for you kid. Good for you.

Then go haze yourself for making urself look like *** hole and ill do the same..

Quote Originally Posted by GavinL91 View Post
    So what is the name for the mos that travels in a aircraft,delivers and recieves Marines,and travel to and frm combat zones,A name and a mos # would be cool.

(I need another choice if my 1st mos 0481 doesnt workout)
    You're talking about a crew chief, there are different MOS's depending on which airframe you get. There are also plane captains which is exactly like the crew chief except it is for aircraft which you will be unable to fly with (F-18's, AH-1's, etc). I'm not real sure if you can pick between PC VS CC so speak with your recruiter about it.

Credits
    Savings
    HEY POOLEE'S, YOU WILL RESPECT EACH OTHER AT ALL TIMES!!! All of you desire to be Marines then start acting like you have a clue of what we are about. We are a team and a family, yes families have fights and squabbles, but they have respect for each other and show it. Your fellow poolee's are the greatest support group you can have for your desicion to join the Marine Corps. They are the only ones who are in the same place/postion in their lives that you are, you work out and gain information and knowledge together. If you can't control yourselves and have a little tact now what can we expect out of you when you get to boot camp and have to rely on each other. Guess what you may not like everyone there either. Get your heads out of your azzes and start realizing that you should be acting like you want to be Marine recruits now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Books View Post
    My attitude is fantastic and I have tons of respect for most people - just not for you.

I don't know you, you don't know me, but clearly you like making sweeping generalizations about my attitude and respect. I am an extremely motivated, hard-charging poolee. I am entrusted with my recruiters with a lot of delicate responsibilities incident to their own jobs that probably no other poolee has ever been trusted to do, ever. I didn't come off the varsity football team and my dad ain't no senator and I've worked hard to be the poolee that I can be, so the last thing I could really care about is for some person to make judgment calls on my character over the internet. Notice how I don't respond to you seriously. I am mocking you. I don't care if you were a guardsman or an 11B, your BS means nothing to me, and for someone saying I am "holier than thou", you really got a lot of sanctimony yourself for preaching about what is going to happen to me.

And if you really are that dense to think I am really interested in exchanging sexual favors, then I think it is obvious who is going to have a rougher time down the road. You take yourself too seriously.

Kid, you better grow the f**k up right goddam now. It doesn't matter if phantasm isn't in the Marine Corps. He still served so you better show him some respect. I don't care if your a "hard-charging" poolee. You still come off as a complete s**tbag to Marines. And if you keep that attitude up they'll have that impression of you throughout your career.

6173 is a 53 crewchief, 6174 is a huey crewchief (UH-1). only 53s have tailguns. and only crewchiefs and AO's who are qualified to operate the GAU-21 (tail gun) do. You cant just have some swingin d***k bop in off the street and pull the trigger. TGI (tail gun instructor) is a highly saught after qualifacation in the 53 aircrew. you need to qualify on the door guns first and be profecient in their operations and firing characteristics before you even think about the tail. there is no "door gunner" MOS its a qualification held by a crewchief or AO. any other questions about it feel free to ask

Almost forgot, a Plane Captain is also a qualification not an MOS

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by GSEMarine94 View Post
    You're talking about a crew chief, there are different MOS's depending on which airframe you get. There are also plane captains which is exactly like the crew chief except it is for aircraft which you will be unable to fly with (F-18's, AH-1's, etc). I'm not real sure if you can pick between PC VS CC so speak with your recruiter about it.
    do you know a mos #

Quote Originally Posted by GavinL91 View Post
    do you know a mos #
    Helicopter Crew Chief, CH-46- 6172
    Helicopter Crew Chief, CH-53- 6173
    Helicopter Crew Chief, UH-1- 6174
    Tiltrotor Crew Chief, MV-22- 6176

MOS 6199 is enlisted flight crew, assigned to 6199 before they get an airframe. *I believe* correct me if I'm wrong.

The MOS # on an AG contract is 6172, 6173, 6174, 6176, 6199, and 73xx

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    thnx for the list.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Tail Gunners, on a fixed wing aircraft?? HMMMM! B-17's, B-29's, GOOD OLD DAYS....first to die, in a fighter attack!!....DOC

Thread Information