how long does it take???
Create Post

Exclamation how long does it take???

Ive been in the DEP program for over seven months now and i was wondering how long does it really take to reserve the job you wanted? Once again ive been in the program for over seven months now and my recruiter told me that he cant get me any of the 3 jobs i have requested but he could get me infantry. Dont get me wrong i would love to be a ground pounder but im really trying to go for MP because ive been 4 years within the Sheriffs dpt here and thats what i love doing. So is my recruiter just bull****tin me or has there really not been 1 MP slot open for the past 7 months???

Your recruiter is probably right. The Corps is narrowing in on the 202,000 limit and most mos's are full. Infantry has the highest number of slots still open. As for the wait, you will learn in boot the the Corps is all about 'hurry up and wait'- get used to it.

Just recently (or so I've been told) the Marine Corps went back to boat spaces, where people actually have to compete or enlist/re-enlist for the job they want. Each MOS has a certain amount of spaces. The best time to try for a specific MOS is the start of the new fiscal year (October). This is basically when all the numbers reset; but if there are too many people in the MOS and none getting out, it will most likely remain closed. So yes, it is very possible that if the slot for MP's filled up shortly after October 2008, it would stay closed for the rest of the year.

-Hawk

Credits
    Savings
    Dude, your profile needs some attention.

18 years old and you started with the Sheriffs department at 14??

Your favorite Marine is a midshipman??

Your ship date was 7 days ago??

You list your occupation is MP??

Hmmmm, methinks you need to work on things.

Oh yeah, you gotta watch those recruiters. They'll BS you all day long. It may be wise for you to go army.

Thread Information