Best Advice for Poolee's, don't quit...! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Congratulations Siggs......you had the right attitude and made it! Welcome to The Few!! SF Marine.....

Army MP, as a former Marine MP who has worked with Army Garrison MP's, as a civilian, the difference is night and day. Come 2010 if you want to continue your military career dump the Army of one and join the brotherhood.
    Way to go Siggs. Welcome Aboard Marine

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    how tall are you? i weigh 135 and am 6' and have always had a problem gaining weight :/ hopefully boot will put on some mass
    I'm 6', and had problems gaining weight before boot also, now I think I'm good, just eat healthy and work out and its easy to put on pounds...

And thanks Marines for the welcome!

Convulsive
    Guest Free Member
    I hear this a lot "just stay motivated and never quit" and I honestly think its the best advice anyone can give. I've read up on Boot Camp so much and it's impossible to get a good understanding on what its going to be like until you go through it and see how you're going to react. Congrats on graduating Marine! Hope to join you as one of the elites someday! Another piece of advice that I was told was "No matter what you do, how well you perform, or how loud you get, you will never get the DIs off your back. The sooner you realize that the better off you'll be and it will make your stay a little easier."

Some of the best advice I ever got was from a Marine on RA. He told us about how his buddy was doing the swim qual and was ready to give up and reached out for the wall. The DI push his hand away from the wall and said, "3... 2... 1..." and he passed. But he told us when we are about to quit to just think, "I'm 3 seconds away. Just 3 more seconds." And keep saying that in your head over and over and over and pretty soon you're done!
    Congratulations, Marine, on becoming a member of the brotherhood. I can't wait to join you.

congrats make us all proud,

thank you also for the advice, I will be going to boot camp here in a couple of weeks 200900713.

Thank you once again,

Sincerely,
    Poolee Frongillo

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    how tall are you? i weigh 135 and am 6' and have always had a problem gaining weight :/ hopefully boot will put on some mass
    Like a spittin image of me. After you pick up with your actual DI's, they'll have you all stand on line infront of your racks with your shirts off to determine the fatbodies and who needs to be issued double rations. I didn't realize it at the time, but being a double rat is the sweetest damn thing about boot camp. You literally get twice as much food as everyone else. Everyone will be begging you to borrow your double rat tag so they can get extra food too. I forced myself to eat as much food as possible, even then I was still starving at night.

I came into boot camp at 135lbs, left at 175 lbs, ripped as hell too.

Quote Originally Posted by killbodies3027 View Post
    I came into boot camp at 135lbs, left at 175 lbs, ripped as hell too.
    Impossible. I gotta call that.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Impossible. I gotta call that.
    I second that motion. First off it's not about the double rats cause many of my buddies were DRs and they came out the same weight if not less. I myself was in pretty good shape when I went in and lost 15 lbs (15 lbs I couldn't afford to lose either)

Also, double rats is cool and all but you still only get the same amount of time to eat your food.....if chow is cut short, guess what, you don't get more time. Most of the DRs I knew in boot camp barley finished more than anyone else.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The DIs keep you motivated during runs and exercises, right?

Quote Originally Posted by RayNoll View Post
    The DIs keep you motivated during runs and exercises, right?
    Ha you bet. Lookin forward to it!

Marine Friend Free Member Cressler's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    You finishing boot with a broken bone is just amazing that will definetly keep me motivated if someone that is physicaly in the literal sense broken can complete i will be able to also

Lol trust me, whether it's softer or not doesn't matter. You're still a United States Marine in the end. That means a lot and you will find that out if you ever get the chance to work with the Navy and you probably will at some point. I got out of boot 20080424 and I'm now stationed a few miles away at the Air Station. I have been on a carrier with about 3000 Navy and 150 of us. The reaction to us is quite different between sailors. Either they love us and want to be like us, or they hate us out of jealousy because their command tells them to be more like us. We do drills all day with them and from what I learned in boot and MCT I am able to immediately respond to situations 100 percent faster and more thorough than sailors as was proven and brought up by their Senior Chief. He specifically mentioned myself and two other Marines that taught a group of his sailors how to respond to a specific medical emergency both perfectly and with almost no time to react. Boot camp is in no way simple or "soft." It is flawless in creating the proper combat mindset in the right individual.

Congratulations! I'll see you on the flip side!

"Keep Motivated and never quit" best advice anyone could give a Poolee. I cant wait to ship. I got to wait a year to ship since Im still in High School

Thread Information