My Boot Camp Experience - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Who was the guide when graduation came rolling around?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Wow that was a great post man! Welcome back! Just a quick question:
    What is RTF?

recruit training facility

What can you do if you're starting to doze off? Are you allowed to stand up?

Quote Originally Posted by wolf0259 View Post
    What can you do if you're starting to doze off? Are you allowed to stand up?
    When I was in boot you were encouraged to stand off to the side of the class if you were falling asleep. Just a little advice, don't ever let yourself fall asleep during a class in boot. That goes for the fleet as well. From what I've seen the consequences are worse in the fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by JdnSmith View Post
    When I was in boot you were encouraged to stand off to the side of the class if you were falling asleep. Just a little advice, don't ever let yourself fall asleep during a class in boot. That goes for the fleet as well. From what I've seen the consequences are worse in the fleet.
    I heard a story from my brother about how he fell asleep during the first-aid portion of class. He was made to go outside and "treat" a nearby palm tree for "shock" and sound off while doing so. I don't recall how long he said he was made to do so, but he was quite hoarse by the time he was "done". I'd rather stand...

RTF is where you'll get most of your classes. Yes, you can stand up if you are dozing off... most instructors know that recruits are about to fall asleep... it's just super ****ing hot in that building, it's hard not to fall asleep. Most of the time you'll be trying to keep your buddies awake and not paying attention to what the instructor is saying.

Okay, you won't understand this until you get there, but sniff your hand sanitizer. It seems odd and strange, but our guide showed me this. It burns your nose and like 2-3 minutes later you are wide awake.

Our guide was Badazewski. The big one not the little one. Both guys were awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRobert View Post
    Okay, you won't understand this until you get there, but sniff your hand sanitizer. It seems odd and strange, but our guide showed me this. It burns your nose and like 2-3 minutes later you are wide awake.

good stuff right there!

Thread Information