Basic Recon Course - Page 8
Create Post
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood27 View Post
    Domforce, i was just blessed with the phone call informing me that i got the UZ, unfortunatley i now have to wait til september to leave for P.I. But I just have one question, do you take the INDOC before RIP? thanks
    This thread contains a wealth of information including the answer to your question. Please start at post #1 and read all the way through it. Your question was answered on post #91.

What is Phase 1 of Brc called

Quote Originally Posted by jelliott2015 View Post
    What is Phase 1 of Brc called
    When I went through most people referred to it as 'land nav' but it consists of much more than that.

Thanks, Dom. All the info has been really helpful for me. What happens to Marines with UZ contracts that don't qualify expert on the rifle range?

You go onto RIP/MART/SNOT/whatever they're calling it these days after you graduate from SOI. You don't need to qualify expert in boot camp to go on with training.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by martinj View Post
    I just got out of BRC and we had 3 JEWS and 1 NCO pass the course with a 2nd class swim.
    Is there a problem with Jews ?

When do they qualify you as a Jump master or what ever it goes by ? (Jump school) & Scuba diving ? During BRC ?

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    martin made that statement 5-1-10, today is 1-3-15.

We used NVGs and PEQ at MCT. Its not as "high speed low drag" as you think. In fact, NVGs suck.

Quote Originally Posted by kt3of3 View Post
    You go onto RIP/MART/SNOT/whatever they're calling it these days after you graduate from SOI. You don't need to qualify expert in boot camp to go on with training.
    JEWS means Junior Enlisted Warriors; as in E-1s-E-3s.

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    Can't understand why martin hasn't responded.His statement was five years ago, just about.

okay so I have a 0321 contract and I leave on the 14 of September for recruit training and I was just wondering where I will go and what courses I will be taking once I finish recruit training

Hey brother let me ask you something I want to become a Scout Sniper how is it to become a scout sniper though a Recon marine contract I don't want to become Marine Special Forces. My main thing is to become a Scout sniper help me devil dog.

Thread Information