Basic Recon Course - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    I have a recon-related question, so I figured this would be the thread for it.

I'm considering a contract as a 2844 in a recon batallion. Are 2844s (or anyone else who is not labeled as a recon Marine in a recon batallion) given the same opportunities in terms of training as recon Marines are? Do they go through RIP and BRC? Do they have the opportunity to earn the parachutist badge?

ummmm. I'm gonna say maybe and lean more towards no. Now if you did a LAT move into recon you'd possibly still be doing your original MOS at times since you will have a AMOS of your prior MOS...

but working IN a Bn will probably only get you doing their PT. A buddy of mine was in 3rd recon doing MT Maint and he didn't get any of that.

now, what the crap are you talking about considering a 2844 in a recon Bn? you mean to say you're going to be a reservist?

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    now, what the crap are you talking about considering a 2844 in a recon Bn? you mean to say you're going to be a reservist?
    Yes Staff Sergeant, it is a reservist slot. I should have clarified.

Thanks for the info!

Hey, im gonna call your bs card, your information about school is off and it doesnt sound like you have a clue what your talking about. The Marines are full of people who know a little bit about what happens in ARS/BRC and go around trying to look cool but im on to you!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by amj742 View Post
    Hey, im gonna call your bs card, your information about school is off and it doesnt sound like you have a clue what your talking about. The Marines are full of people who know a little bit about what happens in ARS/BRC and go around trying to look cool but im on to you!

Who are you talking about?

Plus your profile is too light and needs more info.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by amj742 View Post
    Ma'am, who's BS card are you calling?

Little Lady, iffen you did the quote bit, it would be easier to figure out, but for now, Missy, me and Zulu are confused.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Your only as Strong as Your Weakest Link

Young Buck if You take the Biggest Marine in your Platoon put Him or Her in a Firemans carry and do a Football field 100 yrds You'll be on tha Right Path Weightwise.Do it every day a couple times,cause when Your under Intense Enemy Fire you'll be surprised how really Strong and Fast You become.S/F and GodSpeed too You Son

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    When I sign my contract should I get 0321 right off the bat? How many push ups, sit ups, pull ups and how far should I be able to run prior to BC yo be "ready" for BRC?

Credits
    Savings
    Is there a set pipeline that follows BRC, or is it up to your SSgt which schools you go to?

Credits
    Savings
    Can you get an 0321 contract with a criminal waiver? My charges are just alcohol related misdemenors from when I mostly was a juvenile.

If we have any Recruiting and Retention bubbas out there?

Quick question: Fmr Devildog wanting to come back in 2013, what are the chances of my success of getting 0321.

Short History: Prior to getting and joining the Hoo'ahs (Please don't rang on me too much about it), my unit transitioned over to 4th Force Recon, but my USMC contract was up. Currently in the Hoo'ah Reserves...

I would just like to verify this please:

Let's say I tell my recruiter I want a Recon contract, and let's say I get it. I go through Boot, SOI, and then I go to Recon training?

And if I don't make Recon what happens? Do I get bumped to 0311 or something?

Thank you Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky the Great View Post
    I would just like to verify this please:

Let's say I tell my recruiter I want a Recon contract, and let's say I get it. I go through Boot, SOI, and then I go to Recon training?

And if I don't make Recon what happens? Do I get bumped to 0311 or something?

Thank you Marines.
    Yes, you would just get sent back as an 0311 more then likely.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'd worry bout Qual. Day on the Range and shoot Expert cause if You don't the only Grunting Your gonna do is in the Mess Hall as a Cook

Lcpl Bettencourt,

I finally have my UZ contract in line, but I still have some unanswered questions.

1. Did you have to swim qual 1 IN boot?
    2. Did any drill instructor "Go Harder" on you due to your contract.
    3. At SOI, will I take the INDOC at the very end of my 3 months?

Thanks again for the post.

-Clark

Thread Information