Basic Recon Course - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Domforce24 View Post
    your recruiter is lying to u. get a new recruiter or put ur foot down and dont let him push u around into signing under a different MOS. Ur about to serve ur country, the least ur country can do for u is give u the job that u desire

as far as getting in better shape, check out stewsmith.com and look at his workouts for recon. I bought a recon workout from him last year and in 3 months i was in rediculously good shape, but u gotta have a lot of freetime to workout and be highly motivated to stick with it...its a *****

and yes it goes SOI>>>RIP>>>>BRC
    no he's not, you don't know what you're talking about.

you should request to become a recruiter for your B-billet then determine if his recruiter was lying to him. you're still an idiot.

man, I'm totally doubling my post count with this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Domforce24 View Post
    you, sir, are what we call in the recon community a "recon hater". There's a ton of them out there in the corps and you fit the exact profile of one. Your a terminal lance corporal who's obviously bitter about something. Oh you didn't see recon in country? Good, then they did their job, they want to remain undetected from both the enemy or some trigger happy grunt that would compromise their team. I'm assuming this was iraq, which recon is being pulled out of because their is no reconnaissance mission there anymore. In afghanistan however, business is good there. And yes i am a little cocky i guess because in 2 weeks ill have obtained the title of 0321 amphibious reconnaissance operator and be one of only 1300 operators in the corps right now. Much more than you can say in your 4 years of being a terminal lance. So before you start fights with a college educated, soon-to-be bloodthirsty recon Marine, just remember you couldn't get into recon because your gt score was too low and you didn't have the balls to become the best of the best. So don't bash me and then semper fi me when all im trying to do is help these young kids achieve their goals of becoming a recon Marine when YOU NEVER HAD WHAT IT TAKES IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    You are out of line Marine. Many others have pointed out your obvious attitude problems and I know PMs have been sent as well. Giving advice is one thing, dispensing attitude to other (and more senior) Marines is disrespectful and wrong.

Poolees and Wannabes, there are many folks who can help you in your journey. Choose wisely whose advice you listen to as it makes no sense to get good "gouge" from someone who so obviously dismisses such basic "Corps" Values of integrity, respect for rank, and universal brotherhood. There is no room for the "we're better than you" mentality within the Corps. The Corps as a whole holds itself to a higher standard. Beyond that, we are Marines first and always. Not clubs within clubs. That attitude is despicable and should be shunned wherever it is seen.

DOMFORCE----Just answer the questions you are asked and stop sucking your own dick in this thread. Its ****ing annoying the **** out of me.

To all the poolees... just work hard at what you want to do, stay focused, and you can accomplish anything. When someone says you cant do something that you have wanted to do your entire life (within the means of the law), punch them in the face and axe stomp them when they hit the deck. And remember... patience is a virtue...

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Domforce24,

When you're at ITB I read on a different thread that you're split into groups depending on your specific MOS at week 5, if you have a recon contract are you placed in with another MOS group or does recon have their own group?

Thanks Marine

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yo Rekunt,I wanna hear no much chit You talk after doing a Tour with tha' Fleet.Blood thirsty Hey,be careful what You wish for BadAzz cause You liable too get more than You wished for Marine

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    Domforce24,

When you're at ITB I read on a different thread that you're split into groups depending on your specific MOS at week 5, if you have a recon contract are you placed in with another MOS group or does recon have their own group?

Thanks Marine

This is an interesting question and hopefully one of the recently minted Recon Marines can answer it.

Credits
    Savings
    Good afternoon sir. I am currently in the DEP with a UZ (reconnaissance) contract. Which aspect of BRC did you feel most unprepared about. I ask so that i may have the chance to prepare more effectively. Did you feel that the RMAT platoon prepared you well enough for BRC or when the time comes should i try to exceed the RMAT physical training.

GD... read the rest of the posts, then ask yourself. Do you think this guy is coming back? He's a tool who felt he's better than everyone else.

When told MarSOC is better than recon he got offended, don't listen or follow any of these kids who act this way.

I'd recommend you start a new thread in the ask a marine forum. Ensure you profile is properly filled out first.

Interesting thread. No, I'm not interested in recon, but I do have a question regarding several mentions of the ruck runs. While I consider myself decent at PT (298 PFT), I was lousy at the humps at OCS (never fell out but it was like death the whole way through!). I met Sgt. Reyes from Generation Kill, and he told me that ruck runs were the greatest for helping at humps and something the recon community does often for their PT...my question is how much weight is used and what is an appropriate weight to start at? I'm 5'6, 150 (128 at OCS...go figure why the humps were hard!) so I'm just trying to prepare myself to be the best I can possibly be on future humps. Thanks all.

I wouldn't go over 30lbs ever... you'll break yourself unless you're trained well enough. I'd start with your day pack and about 10lbs of gear, I don't think I need to suggest doing it in boots and utes. Keep at a fast walk/slow run pace and tighten that day pack down good. Then take it to a comfortable run. I'd hit speed after about 4 to 5 initial mild runs so you don't destroy yourself.

as a disclaimer, I've run with weight before, This is what I did but Everyone is built different and are willing to push themselves hard and faster than I. So please understand this is an opinion and nothing more.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up yea them youngbucs got a=10's fighting with them

With Helmet-Flak Jacket- Boots-Rifle-Bayonte-Enough Ammo 2 take on the World,2 M-60'sFrags Claymores all the new Suprizes about 80 extra lbs.would handle a LRRP.Combat PATROL AND WANT TOO GET SOME TERRORIST AZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    I wouldn't go over 30lbs ever... you'll break yourself unless you're trained well enough. I'd start with your day pack and about 10lbs of gear, I don't think I need to suggest doing it in boots and utes. Keep at a fast walk/slow run pace and tighten that day pack down good. Then take it to a comfortable run. I'd hit speed after about 4 to 5 initial mild runs so you don't destroy yourself.

as a disclaimer, I've run with weight before, This is what I did but Everyone is built different and are willing to push themselves hard and faster than I. So please understand this is an opinion and nothing more.
    Thanks for the tip SSgt. That sounds about right to me. I should be able to handle that and then work my way up to being comfortable with the weight. Humps will probably never be easy for the small guys, but I shouldn't be good at other PT and then suck wind on a little hump. I'll put this in my routine.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Geagle05 View Post
    Thanks for the tip SSgt. That sounds about right to me. I should be able to handle that and then work my way up to being comfortable with the weight. Humps will probably never be easy for the small guys, but I shouldn't be good at other PT and then suck wind on a little hump. I'll put this in my routine.

PM Drifter and ask her to change your status. If you're done with OCS you're no longer a "Marine Friend"

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    PM Drifter and ask her to change your status. If you're done with OCS you're no longer a "Marine Friend"
    Sgt., to be honest, I'm not even sure what my title is. Some say that we are technically civilians until commission date, some paperwork says we're considered E-5 but only in paygrade, some call us Marines without rank. I've been called civilian, Marine, Lieutenidate, candidate, 3rd Lieutenant...lol the list goes on and on.

Several drill instructors have told me that we are Marines because we completed the training, but we are not officers yet till we get the bars. In his words, "the training makes you a Marine not a piece of paper." Our Co Cmdr told us that we become Marines the second we walked across the parade deck for the last time. However, I found out later, that my Plt. Cmdr. didn't agree...It's been one of those things that many will argue either which way. Although, I will say that it is odd receiving an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor and at the same time...not sure if I rate the title???

Long story short, I have PM'ed, I believe it was drifter, and my title will remain Marine friend upon commissioning. In my heart, I know I've completed my entry level training, and that means more to me than what my internet title is...

R/s,
    Geagle

You're gonna be an awesome "sir"

Semper Fidelis

Thread Information