DD-214 question on verbage
Create Post

DD-214 question on verbage

Looking at my DD-214, in block 18 (Remarks) the following entry is made and I dont' completely understand it, hopefully somebody here does:

"Member served in Balkans/Sierra Leon, Africa/Albania during Operations Joint Endeavor/Guardian Retrieval/Silverwake." RUC 45001 (2007-0388) ACB

I understand the RUC (Reporting Unit Code) but the date confuses me....it's not in the Julian format that I can see, and the "ACB" also eludes me...

I've tried looking for it in a Google search and also in the MarCorSepsMan but no luck.. anybody??

Credits
    Savings
    Images

SSgt Ramsey

I would suggest think back to when you were deployed to Balkans/Sierra Leon, Africa/Albania during Operations Joint Endeavor/Guardian Retrieval/Silverwake. Were you with your parent command or TAD? Your right that isn't a julian date? Maybe it is a typo? Admin has been known to FUBAR a few things now and then LOL. Did you detach from this unit during 2007?

Man this makes no sense at all for the dtg.

Gunny out
    Semper Fi

No...that's what's weird....2007 is when I was "dropped" into the TDRL and 20070701 was my official date, fast forward to present, I have been moved to the PDRL with a date of 1 May 09.

The MEU was in 96-97, here's where it gets weird...I was with MWSS-274, the G-1 sent out a list to acquire people to supplement HMM-365 for the MEU. We were attached AdCon to HMM-365 then once we got to the USS Nassau, we were put on orders from HMM-365 to the USS Nassau to work with Combat Cargo for the duration of the float. I was one of the lucky ones and got to work the flight deck as a Cpl and teamleader out of Flight Deck Triage. The others were sent to the lower levels of the ship as the "chain gang".

I'm stumped what the hell that means....

Credits
    Savings
    Images

I would start the process

of BNCR (sp) to clear up the discrepancies. How far are you from Quantico? Or give your phone number via PM and we maybe able to chat about this if you like. My wife works at MMSB in the records section. I think that between the parent command and the float unit something got crossed? If you do need to get to or can got o Quantico it is in building 2008, don't worry if you need directions I can get those to you.

Well, I'm not really sure it's a verifiable discrepency yet....I'm just curious what that means....if it's nothing serious I'm not gonna worry about that, I just have to amend my awards but that can be done via DD-215.

I'm now officially in the PDRL disability retired list with SFK1 (retired, disability permanent) so that's fine as far as I'm concerned....

Thread Information