Finally Home
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally Home

Finally Home

Graduated 24 April 2009

Hotel Co. 2nd Battalion PLT 2024, Honor Platoon.

Made it through the first part of my journey, now it's time to take a little break.

If any poolee's have any questions let me know and I'll try and answer them as best I can.

Got PFC by the way so if a Mod could change me over it'd be appreciated, thanks!

Congrats MARINE

Halfway there Devil Dog. MCT and MOS is next. I'm not going to lie and tell you the hard part is over; I see your from Mass, so that means you'll be going to MCT in Lejeune. Unfortunetly in MCT you are still treated as a recruit in a lot of ways. Be prepared to request permission to make head calls, and have a buddy with you AT ALL TIMES. Be ready to still get chewed out for STUPID stuff. Be ready to still be tired ALL the times. Firewatch just went from being one hour shifts (two if you messed up) in bootcamp to two hour shifts being the norm. (On the plus side that means you'll only get it half as much). If you smoke or dip don't expect to be able to do that either. If you bring your cell phone you'll probably get to use it once or twice on Sundays... If you get service. Only one day "off" where you can wander around a little, and that's right before graduation. I'm not trying to scare or demotivate you, but no one told me any of this and I was severely disappointed when I got there. Also you'll be doing hikes, just like in bootcamp. Think of MCT as fourth phase.

Now, onto the postive side-

MOS school is chill. I was in training for about 6 months for my job. Once you get there, 90% of the bull**** is over. Every hour or so we got a 10 minute break, at 1630 we got released for the day, we got (usually) about an hour and a half for chow. School is very relaxed, as long as you don't mess up. There are still a few rules such as not drinking in the barracks, and no males in females rooms, but there's places you can go to drink (such as the E Club) if you're of age, and they even said that if we had a romantic interest to just get a hotel room on the weekends, just don't do anything in the rooms. Also, there is field day once a week which takes up pretty much the whole night, and you have an inspection in the morning, but it isn't too bad, and you still have field day in the fleet, so it isn't just a game.

Best of luck to you Marine, congratulations on being the honor grad, make it through MCT and you're home free. Good luck.

*Disclaimer- All of this is coming from a pouge. If you're a grunt (I.E. 03xx) take none of this to heart, I have no idea what SOI is like. Also, not all MOS schools are going to be the same, and it might be different if your school is only a few weeks compared to 6 months.

EDIT- Also, the ITing is done. No more "Get on your face, on your back". That's all behind you now, the worst punishment for stupid stuff is Firewatch.

FMF is harder than boot, standby if your an 11.

Congrats.

I'm curious to who your DI's were, as I was a 2nd H Co graduate myself.

Congrats, Semper FI.

SDI SSgt Headley
    DI Sgt Clark
    DI SSgt Cruces
    DI SSgt Barra

Also had
    DI Sgt Dominique
    DI Sgt Dean
    DI SSgt Crisp

at different points in training.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate138 View Post
    SDI SSgt Headley
    DI Sgt Clark
    DI SSgt Cruces
    DI SSgt Barra

Also had
    DI Sgt Dominique
    DI Sgt Dean
    DI SSgt Crisp

It took that many DI's to straighten you knuckleheads out?

we had 3 DIs... one of which was the Senior....

I was at the PI Graduation Friday. Congratulations!>>

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate138 View Post
    SDI SSgt Headley
    DI Sgt Clark
    DI SSgt Cruces
    DI SSgt Barra

Also had
    DI Sgt Dominique
    DI Sgt Dean
    DI SSgt Crisp

"Recruits gonna do what they wanna do huh..."

Man DI Sgt Dominique was the best.

Even now, still got recruits doing what theyyyy want to do. It's ok though, that's ok. It's cause you were raised the wrong way, don't worry.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congrats Marine!!!

Rocky

Congrats Marine. I just graduated on the 24th as well, Golf Company. Platoon 2150, the honor platoon of the West coast. Which events did you guys take?

We took range, pft, and knowledge. Came in second on initial and final drill, although we had initial... no way we should have came in second. Our senior was pretty heated about that.

Thread Information