Dress blue belt face question
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dress blue belt face question

I'm wondering if this is the correct... belt buckle thing (I don't know the name of it, shame on me I know!) with the leafs on it? I'm assuming that NCOs and above wear it?

Thanks!

The buckle is correct, but the left EGA collar emblem is all forked up. It's backwards,,,the anchor is pointed in the wrong direction,,,,this is some sort of test right.

And I know this is a stupid question, but why are your, or the ribbons and badges on the Dress Blues showing, why are they different then your signature ribbons and badges?

Must be a pic, a forked up pic of another Marines Dress Blues?

What about the ribbons? They are all forked up too, what is this some PME test or something? Some of those ribbons don't look right, specifically the 3rd and 4th in seniority - they look the same. And some of the rest of them look odd to me, I'm no expert here but something is up with them too.

Can you tell it's the Bruins intermission and I'm bored....

SWeep

This is not a picture of me, as I'm a Corporal. I just didn't know how to word it correctly to get the point accross so I needed a picture.

Thanks!

Credits
    Savings
    I'm with the Wook here, but, WTF, is this a poser question/problem here?

Quote Originally Posted by Katzman View Post
    This is not a picture of me, as I'm a Corporal. I just didn't know how to word it correctly to get the point accross so I needed a picture.

Thanks!
    Dude, that is not our belt buckle. NCO's just have the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. The leaves on either side are for SNCO's and above.

Whoever set up that pic is FUBAR.

That's the belt buckle.

I do believe we have been given a picture of a poser. No Marine would screw up the collar EGA's, or double up on the same ribbon.

(had to break out my cheat book, but here's what he's showing)
    1- Navy Commendation Medal 2- Iraq Campaign Medal 3- unknown
    4- unknown 5- Navy Presidential Unit Citation 6- unknown
    7- unknown 8- unknown 9- unknown

looks like jrotc/rotc/whatever ribbons. and the one's that are Marine ribbons, 5 and 2 are out of order anyways.

The pic is from a google search. I cam across it to. It's one of the first good pics of a belt buckle.

Anyways, it wasn't the OP's intent to pass himself off as the guy in the pic. Just to show a pic of the belt he was talking about.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    How many hash marks, do you have on your uniform?? Don't wear Dress Blues unless you've got at least TWO hash marks!!....Starting your 9th year in the Corps. At least....that's the way it was....in the old day's! Times, and customs have changed....makes me an old fart...HUH??.....DOC

Quote Originally Posted by Alisium View Post
    Dude, that is not our belt buckle. NCO's just have the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. The leaves on either side are for SNCO's and above.

Whoever set up that pic is FUBAR.
    Nice job, I was Bruin punch drunk and got confused, I forgot they added the EGA for NCO's, but the leaf stuff is for SNCO's. My Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by slug View Post
    I do believe we have been given a picture of a poser. No Marine would screw up the collar EGA's, or double up on the same ribbon.

looks like jrotc/rotc/whatever ribbons. and the one's that are Marine ribbons, 5 and 2 are out of order anyways.
    There isn't an ICM.

The pic has to be a poser... or a production shot from a movie/tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by slug View Post

Ribbon #2 is the World War II Victory Medal.

^ d@mn, I dunno how I screwed that up but now I feel like a retard. They don't even look similar. Thanks MSgt.

Thread Information