RE-3p - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RE-3p

Quote Originally Posted by agerry View Post
    Hows it goin people. My name is Andrew and I was enlisted in the Marine Corps, I enlisted on april 2nd of 2009 and I was discharged to MCRD San Diego on April 13th of 09. A little background info on me, I have club foot, childhood asthma and lazy eye. I was a BUMED for 5 months working with my recruiter just to get the waiver to get into the DEP. I got it by working my ass off and I need some help getting back to that point. I did not make it far through boot camp, it wasn't by choice though. On Black Friday during my IST I failed the running. I did 15 pullups and 78 crunches, which isnt tht good for me. My run started ****ty, my shoes were both 10s, should have been a 10 on the left shoe and an 8 on the right shoe. My running was way off and i twisted my knee. Comanding Officer of Delta Company pulled me over after the run to see why I was running slower and different. Club foot does make you run slower but I just had a bad start so I failed. Put in PCP for 2 weeks because that is when Delta company was to pick up again. He told me to go to medical and have them check it out. Dr. Don J. Ortiz, I will never forget that man and what he said. He said i was a waste of his time and a waste of the marine corps time and I was going home. Now I worked my ass off to get to the DEP and he wanted to send me home in the first week? No way. He lied on the paperwork, I was not in pain, he wrote in pain and low motivation. My recruiter, now a Gunnery Sgt told my father that I was the most motivated person he has ever met. Well me givinig up and being in pain becuase of running was a lie. They never gave me a second chance, I told him I would do the run over again right then and there. I didnt care, If it ment I could do it again and not waste all the work I went through to get there and possibly become a Marine. Nothing I said would change his mind. Navy Doctors or personel (idk who they were) came up to me and told me I had the heart and motivation to graduate. Then when I told my drill instructor, Sgt Stricker in PCP, who I thought was awesome, funny guy yet still a good drill instructor; that my grandfather was a Brigadier General. Everyone changed. I told him that was the main reason I joined, to show my family I could do something with 3 major disqualifications of the marines. Then the next day the Comanding Officer of Delta called me out during lunch chow and told me I had the heart and motivation to graduate. Oh thanks man, now you tell me this, when I'm going home no matter what I say to you. Thats ****ing awesome.

Not once while i was there did I loose any motivation or was in pain. Thats all I want to do, be a Marine, prove everyone wrong that said I can't be a Marine because I have club foot, or Lazy eye. It's what I want as a career to do, no stupid ass doctor should tell me I can't do something without a second chance. Especially when he lies about it. I recently heard that I can possibly get a waiver to get back in. All I know is that I will do what ever it takes to do this, but I need some help. My discharge was COG re-3p medical discharge. If anyone on here can give me some pointers or info, really anything to help. I would really appreciate it. Either reply on here or email me at agerry@cox.net

Thank you
    All I can say is WOW! This thread is Truly amazing..... And WTF is with special ed here???? Damn, I need a beer, or, a hundred... to forget the crap I just read... Maybe I'll just head on over to the dunken zypher....

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I didn't give up if that's what you are saying

Agerry, you're posting in the wrong forum. This is for Marine Corps Veterans, and since you didn't make it through boot camp and EARN the EGA and graduate, you're not a Marine.
    In my opinion, your question should be in the Ask A Marine section.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    did I say I was a Marine? No I did not, i signed up as a Marine friend since my grandfather is still an active Marine Corps Officer and a bunch of my friends are Marines. I am on the right forum because I wanted to know more about the RE-3P code. Your attitude is unnecessary by the way, I'm not saying I'm anything more than a normal person, I know I am not a Marine. Just trying to get more info. You were in for a year? Your trying to make something out of me because I did not make it through boot camp. You did not finish your contract, you are still a Marine, but if you are going to try to insult me or get me off this site. You are using the wrong tactics

Well

did I say I was a Marine? No I did not, i signed up as a Marine friend since my grandfather is still an active Marine Corps Officer and a bunch of my friends are Marines. I am on the right forum because I wanted to know more about the RE-3P code. Your attitude is unnecessary by the way, I'm not saying I'm anything more than a normal person, I know I am not a Marine. Just trying to get more info. You were in for a year? Your trying to make something out of me because I did not make it through boot camp. You did not finish your contract, you are still a Marine, but if you are going to try to insult me or get me off this site. You are using the wrong tactics
    Easy killer, I don't think LASWMarine ment anything by it. She was simply pointing you in another direction, to the Ask A Marine area which is still on this sight. Plus as general advice you might have had better luck getting a question asked there, since that spot is visited more. As for you calling her out on her one year of service well that is wrong to. You pulled a card that did not exists and then turned it on her. You say your grandfather and others are in the Corps. Congrats, good for you bro, that has nothing to do with you on this website or forum. As to calling out LASWMarine on her one year of service, well in point as you stated she is a Marine, and what do you know what she was discharged for. Fact of the matter is you don't. Hell she could have lost her leg for all you know,not saying thats the fact cause I don't know either Im just making an example. Point is don't pull a card for no reason on someone, when they give you some advice, especially advice that was pretty calm in my opinion. The only point you proved with that statement is the fact that you are very bitter about something, and are trying to justify whatever it is. Semper Fi!!

Check the attitude at the door there young man, towards me and all Marines on this site! As echo had told you, I was merely pointing you in the proper forum to post your question, not insulting you because you didn't finish boot camp or trying to get you kicked off this site. Don't take your bitterness out on me because you didn't finish boot camp, that's not my fault.
    If you had bothered to read the rules in the Poolee forum when you registered for an account here, you would've come across Rules #2 & #9...
    Rule Two before you post a thread make darn sure that you have researched the forums so that you are not embarrassed by the fact it was asked a week ago!
    Rule Nine make sure when you post a thread its in the proper forum, you do not rate to post in a Marine forum at any time prior to earning the title. Read the headings over the recruit forums for a guide!

And rule #5 in the Ask A Marine forum...
    There are no doctors frequenting this website. If you have a medical question that hasn’t already been answered by searching the forums, you’ll have to contact a recruiting office. If they cannot answer your question, you may be directed to a medical representative from MEPS.

The Marines on this site do do their best to answer questions, but your question can be best answered by a Dr at MEPS.

Yeah, I may have only been in the Marine Corps for a year and a half, but I EARNED the EGA, went to my MOS school and did a year in the fleet in Okinawa. I don't have to explain to you on why I got out, because it is none of your business.

May I suggest to you the next time you decide to shoot your mouth of to me or any of the Marines on this site, read the rules in the Poolee and Ask A Marine forums first!

And don't take what Marines suggest to you as trying to insult you or trying to get you kicked off this site.

I didn't give up if that's what you are saying
    you just need to lie about that little stuff like asma, and dont give anyone your mommas phone number. keep trying to get back in there shower shoe, it is the best job around. Oooh rah!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:u...--4-749934.jpg

when they ask for your mothers phone number, change it by one digit. then it becomes an "honest" mistake.

Thread Information