RE-3p
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE-3p

RE-3p

How is everyone doing? I have a question about my RE code.
    I caught the flu while at bootcamp, now since the Corpsman probably had not seen the flu while there, mis-diagnosed me with asthma. All the other recruits had what is called recruit crude not the flu so that you know there is a difference.

To make a long story short, the Corpsman called my Mom and she informed him that I had asthma, this is a false claim.

Since he took the advice over the phone without conferring with a Naval Dr. I have been discharged with an RE3p and fraud.

Now I need a second opinion and need to know who I send it to.

You need absolutely all of your records; your civilian medical records as well as those from when you were on the island. Then you need to head down to a recruiter with all that as well as your current PFT.

You're going to need a BUMED waiver for your 3P code.

You're also going to want to try to upgrade Separation code. You can try to petition the BCNR. Just google the Board for Corrections of Naval Records and look up that process.

You can try to find a recruiter to do both of these for you but I'd recommend you take the initiative and start the process yourself. Having to go through both of them will mean you're looking at a bare minimum, rock bottom 3 month wait at the very, very, very least to be cleared for Active Duty and waivered back in. Expect your wait to be much longer.

Now if you asked a recruiter for help working on these and who to seek out for help then you might have yourself a chance.

How many threads do you need to start on this topic?

And stick to one profile..... your other profile is goodboi32

Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    How many threads do you need to start on this topic?

And stick to one profile..... your other profile is goodboi32
    At the very least this profile speaks English... and by English I mean he copied and pasted and then modified a Marine's post.

Check out the one who allegedly graduated from Boot and wants to come back in...

sorry but my other profile in not goodboi

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi22 View Post
    sorry but my other profile in not goodboi
    Now, since you are calling me a liar, i guess there are two of you from Mississippi that have the exact same excusses. Sounds to me like Mississippi raises people with weak immune systems. Try again.

How is everyone doing? I have a question about my RE code.
    I caught the flu while at bootcamp, now since the Corpsman probably had not seen the flu while there, mis-diagnosed me with asthma. All the other recruits had what is called recruit crude not the flu so that you know there is a difference.

To make a long story short, the Corpsman called my Mom and she informed him that I had asthma, this is a false claim.

Since he took the advice over the phone without conferring with a Naval Dr. I have been discharged with an RE3p and fraud.

Now I need a second opinion and need to know who I send it to.

From goodboi32:

how you all doing I have a question if any of you dont mind helping me with it. I was discharged doing bootcamp in 2008 the reason my is when i went to the Navy doc on base for the flu he call my mom and with her not wanting me to join the MARINES any way she told the man i had asthma which was a big lie so i told him it was a lie and i was discharged any way with re3p and frud what can i do to get this change i have all the paper work showing i dont have asthma and i have took a pft that states the same thing. So what can i do to get all of this paper work into the rite hands

Guess you have a twin down there.

I am far from knowing it all, especially with quirky little medical issues, but the thought that they booted you based on your mothers opinion is ludacris. It isn't even fathomable, I can't even try to comprehend it.

Boot camp isn't club med where you come and go as you please, you can't just say timeout, click your heels, and then go home cause mommy said you have trouble breathing.

IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY, SKIPPY.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    I am far from knowing it all, especially with quirky little medical issues, but the thought that they booted you based on your mothers opinion is ludacris. It isn't even fathomable, I can't even try to comprehend it.

Boot camp isn't club med where you come and go as you please, you can't just say timeout, click your heels, and then go home cause mommy said you have trouble breathing.

IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY, SKIPPY.
    Maybe Mommy wrote a congressman at Skippy's request...

Is it Troll Week?

It's amazing that all of these type questions with adverse characterization of service and punitive/administrative RE-Codes are now whining becuase they received them and now want to go back to Active Duty.

Yes, mistakes are sometimes made, but usually the Marine gets what he or she deserves with the discharge type and RE code....you rate what you rate, period.

I don't know how many times I had Marine's give the deer in the headlights look to me when they popped for documented in service drug use and they got RE-4B. You consciously did illegal drugs, you got caught, deal with it.

Same goes for many RE-3P....you should have signed a Pg 11 entry explaing why you were assigned that code. It has to be verifiable by the Medical record. If you lied prior to joining and were deemed a fraudulant enlistment, that's on you.

amazing!!! eyeballs!! click Sir!!

my first advise to mississipi is to "SUCK IT UP"!! and the second is to forget to ever trying to EARN the Title "Marine". I say this because he just violated the first Corps Value of the Marine Corps which is HONOR. Lying and making up stories to get what you want doesn't show integrity. Here's why:

First, I have never heard of any recruits being sent home because a Navy Corpman decided on his own to disregard his chain-of-command by personally calling a recruits mom and listening to what the mom says!!

Second, I have NEVER heard or could even imagine MCRD command sending a recruit home on the basis of what a corpsman said when that corpman OBVIOUSLY disregarded his chain-of-command by calling a recruits mom! disregarding the chain-of-command, in my opinion, is a violation of Article 91 of the UCMJ.

Third, a recruit has to go through extensive medical testing and exams in order to be found medically unfit for recruit training. I say this because when I was in bootcamp, my platoon picked up 3 recruits from platoons who are ahead of us in training. they claim to have medical problems. these 3 recruits were dropped from their platoons and sent to med-hold platoons for treatment and recovery. my point is this: bootcamp is only 13 weeks long(3 months), but the 3 recruits have been in bootcamp for over 5 months because of getting dropped and picked up multiple times due to med-holds. as you can see, MCRD won't send you home that quick because your mom told a corpsman that you have asthma. the 3 recruits whine about asthma, complain about mental issues and even refuse to train due to claims of depression and suicidal thoughts because they can't handle 3 months of USMC bootcamp.

so, mississipi, please don't post any lies in here and expect Marines and Former Marines to believe you because we have all been there and done that. if you are really serious about earning the Title, then you should start by fixing your integrity in order to be worthy of being called a "Marine". not everyone can be a Marine, it's not just a Title - it's a WAY of Life!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

RE-3p discharge

Hows it goin people. My name is Andrew and I was enlisted in the Marine Corps, I enlisted on april 2nd of 2009 and I was discharged to MCRD San Diego on April 13th of 09. A little background info on me, I have club foot, childhood asthma and lazy eye. I was a BUMED for 5 months working with my recruiter just to get the waiver to get into the DEP. I got it by working my ass off and I need some help getting back to that point. I did not make it far through boot camp, it wasn't by choice though. On Black Friday during my IST I failed the running. I did 15 pullups and 78 crunches, which isnt tht good for me. My run started ****ty, my shoes were both 10s, should have been a 10 on the left shoe and an 8 on the right shoe. My running was way off and i twisted my knee. Comanding Officer of Delta Company pulled me over after the run to see why I was running slower and different. Club foot does make you run slower but I just had a bad start so I failed. Put in PCP for 2 weeks because that is when Delta company was to pick up again. He told me to go to medical and have them check it out. Dr. Don J. Ortiz, I will never forget that man and what he said. He said i was a waste of his time and a waste of the marine corps time and I was going home. Now I worked my ass off to get to the DEP and he wanted to send me home in the first week? No way. He lied on the paperwork, I was not in pain, he wrote in pain and low motivation. My recruiter, now a Gunnery Sgt told my father that I was the most motivated person he has ever met. Well me givinig up and being in pain becuase of running was a lie. They never gave me a second chance, I told him I would do the run over again right then and there. I didnt care, If it ment I could do it again and not waste all the work I went through to get there and possibly become a Marine. Nothing I said would change his mind. Navy Doctors or personel (idk who they were) came up to me and told me I had the heart and motivation to graduate. Then when I told my drill instructor, Sgt Stricker in PCP, who I thought was awesome, funny guy yet still a good drill instructor; that my grandfather was a Brigadier General. Everyone changed. I told him that was the main reason I joined, to show my family I could do something with 3 major disqualifications of the marines. Then the next day the Comanding Officer of Delta called me out during lunch chow and told me I had the heart and motivation to graduate. Oh thanks man, now you tell me this, when I'm going home no matter what I say to you. Thats ****ing awesome.

Not once while i was there did I loose any motivation or was in pain. Thats all I want to do, be a Marine, prove everyone wrong that said I can't be a Marine because I have club foot, or Lazy eye. It's what I want as a career to do, no stupid ass doctor should tell me I can't do something without a second chance. Especially when he lies about it. I recently heard that I can possibly get a waiver to get back in. All I know is that I will do what ever it takes to do this, but I need some help. My discharge was COG re-3p medical discharge. If anyone on here can give me some pointers or info, really anything to help. I would really appreciate it. Either reply on here or email me at agerry@cox.net

Thank you

what's funny is that this re-code changing thing has been covered before... use the search function.

Credits
    Savings
    Weak sisters always fall out sooner or later. The sooner the better....

Thread Information