Tricks for Boot - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tricks for Boot

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMarine View Post
    Eventually you will pickup the hints your SDI drops in the later phases and you'll know no one will care if you do it. Technically he can't say get up early and shave and whatever before lights, he has to give you that 8hours of sleep, thanks MoA. But he'll drop hints in later phases, makes things smoother in the mornings, gets you to chow faster, etc.

Like stated, just do what you're told first phase. You'll think your in heaven after the Crucible. You'll still be rushing and realize halfway through the act that its not really needed anymore.

Another tip, if you are a lucky one like myself that can "dry" shave (without shaving creme), do it. Its much faster, much easier, and less mess.
    Dry shave, you must have peach fuzz, if I were to do that it would look like someone cut my throat.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMarine View Post
    Eventually you will pickup the hints your SDI drops in the later phases and you'll know no one will care if you do it. Technically he can't say get up early and shave and whatever before lights, he has to give you that 8hours of sleep, thanks MoA. But he'll drop hints in later phases, makes things smoother in the mornings, gets you to chow faster, etc.
    We had the 'Linen Fairy' come by just before lights and make sure all our linen was properly folded for laundry service. Ah, good times.

Just remember that your not human anymore and you will fit in perfectly, role your sleeves in the rack, 'be last in anything, definitely eat chow fast a rct will do something stupid and your di's will kick the platoon out, don't be a safety violator on the range you will get dropped fast, be motivated even if your cleaning ****ers, buy squeeze soap when you make your px call, if your not religious stay behind on sunday's and sleep on your foot locker, don't get the rack near the drill instructors hatch, thats about it enjoy bootcamp.

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    We had the 'Linen Fairy' come by just before lights and make sure all our linen was properly folded for laundry service. Ah, good times.
    I just thought of something...

Do you guys have to shave your legs in recruit training?

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    You going west coast? They use Axe shower gel with a loofa.
    Heh, our senior made us get Axe when we got to Edson Range and as a result our J made us get the loofa. It was a fun time when I accidentally left the loofa in the rain room and follow series' chief drill instructor found it.

But we get issued the bar soap, and it's up to the drill instructors if they let us get the axe come phase two, I know a lot of platoons even in our own company didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisium View Post
    I just thought of something...

Do you guys have to shave your legs in recruit training?
    It depends on the Senior DI. Some platoons get to shave their legs almost every day. My platoon got to shave our legs only twice throughout the entire 13 weeks on the Island. Most of the recruits in my platoon only got to shave once on the Island, because the second time was cut short due to some recruits p!ssing off the SDI during square-away time. Sh!t happens.

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post

yeah, you females would call the linen recruit a "fairy"... were you the linen "fairy"?? hahahahahahaha

commdog, you make me laugh.

also, I have a woman at my work that has a FULL MUSTACHE... no joking... it grows in thicker than mine.

would she be allowed to shave that every day you think??

We could all sit there and throw a **** ton of advice at you..... but you really aren't going to remember much. However, you'll remember what matter b/c it's the 3 you hear so often. Speed, Volume, Intensity.

All the other little tricks you hear on here you'll probably forget, then you'll come up with your own when you get there- that's how it works.

Here's a 4th one i saw on here a few times... don't be a buddy ****er. You never know who's going to get promoted to guide or squadleader- not to mention you'll probably see them in the fleet. Don't burn bridges when you haven't even started to cross them.

Here's a 5th one: Use common sense. A lot of boot camp is just stress and how you react to it. Don't be the recruit who can't speak to a DI b/c he's yelling in your face. If you come off as weak--- they're going to mess with you the entire 3 months. Just follow the 1st 3 points up there^ and it's fun..... in hindsight....

Here's the last..... Don't quit: whether it's medical, you're ****ed off at your DI's, or you don't think you can handle it..... It's not that bad (And when they say the fastest way out is to graduate- it's true).

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    yeah, you females would call the linen recruit a "fairy"... were you the linen "fairy"?? hahahahahahaha

commdog, you make me laugh.

also, I have a woman at my work that has a FULL MUSTACHE... no joking... it grows in thicker than mine.

would she be allowed to shave that every day you think??
    My SDI had a sense of humor, I think it was her way of identifying recruits with poor bearing- we would pay dearly. The magical Linen Fairy... that was a good one.

I've known a few women with mustaches, not too uncommon. The Marines here recently had a mustache growing contest, I took 1st place!

This is me winning the Marines mustache contest!

that didn't help your argument at all....

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    that didn't help your argument at all....
    You don't like my mustache, SSgt...?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    well im just going to ****,shave and properly shower with axe gel and brush my teeth during free time.Then i will half ass shower and brush in the mourning to give me time to dress properly and organize my trash,and how much time do you have to do all this.Do one group shower and the other group shave and brush,how does it go.

they will teach you everything you will be doing... nothing will be what others say it will be because each SDI will have their own way of doing things... if you are stellar Recruits your DIs will act differently... if you have a few sh!t Birds they will focus on them and probably only give you fleeting moments of attention...

don't worry about it. just STFU and while you are there kick ass and take names.....

Thread Information