Prior Air Force
Create Post

Thread: Prior Air Force

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Prior Air Force

Good day Marines,

I am prior service Air Force and I am interested in joining the Marines. I was wondering if any of you guys had any Air Force guys with you in boot camp? I am sure I can expect some fun from the Drill Instructors(I have no problem with that)! Thanks.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher1221 View Post
    Good day Marines,

I am prior service Air Force and I am interested in joining the Marines. I was wondering if any of you guys had any Air Force guys with you in boot camp? I am sure I can expect some fun from the Drill Instructors(I have no problem with that)! Thanks.
    No Air Force, but one ex-Army guy. They harassed him for a little while then mostly left him alone. He was a squad leader from T-1 through Graduation and had his stuff together, so they must have had a little respect for the guy.

So, it seems to me what counts is having your stuff together, not what branch you used to be in. If you want to be a whiner, they'll beat you stupid with the Air Force stick, otherwise they'll accept you as just another maggot, albeit one with a little more knowledge than average.

Come to think on it, I never knew an ex-Air Force guy who had gone into the Corps (or at least admitted it). What was your AFSC?

Credits
    Savings
    In '65, we had a prior Air Force in boot with us.

As I recall, he was quiet and very capable.

I also do not recall him catching too much flack.

He was also one of VERY few that came out of boot as a PFC, unlike today, where it seems as if 50% get PFC.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for the responses. I was a 2T151(truck driver). We got to have some fun in Iraq doing convoy security. My college minister is a former Marine Recon and he is preparing me physically for boot so the physical part shouldnt be too hard for me.Thanks again Marines!

We had a Air Force SSgt in my platoon. He was one of the only ones who didn't get screwed with because the DI's had a smidgen of respect for him.

Our guide was former AF, he graduated L/Cpl. and was good to go.

There is currently a female in my company who is prior Air Force. She's the admin b**** of the company. She's making lots of money for her prior service, though. Same rank as me, but making about $500 more a month, or so.

Marine Corps bootcamp is NOTHING like BMT.read.repeat.

You join our beloved Corps to fight, if you got the right mindset you will be good to go, another thing We Don't Promise You A Rose Garden, Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher1221 View Post
    Good day Marines,

I guess we never had a flyboy, but I know of one Marine who did his time in the Corps came out as a Sgt and crossed over to the Air Force and retired from there, he said if you can make it as a Marine the other branches would be like taking candy from a baby.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks again.

I am really looking forward to going to boot and to hopefully become a Marine.

We had a staff sergeant who was a former AF combat controller. That guy was good to go - definitely seemed like he would've been out of place in the AF. Dude was hardcore.

Thread Information