Tricks for Boot - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tricks for Boot

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Soap had to be spotless in the AF. Thats a good one. Maybe its because they drop the soap quite a bit.
    Good one Gunny,lol.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    What do you shower with,is it shampoo.

No, bar soap and we use it over the entire body. It doesn't make sense to use shampoo when you haven't any hair.

Plus it's a lot faster.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinL91 View Post
    We used Irish Spring bar soap.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinL91 View Post
    You going west coast? They use Axe shower gel with a loofa.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    hahahah hollywood!

actually on your first trip too the recruit px you can buy antibacterial liquid soap,I suggest buying this because A) the threat of bacterial infections like Mersa and cellulitis is a very real one at bootcamp,at least 2-3 guys(maybe more) in your platoon will get it,and probably get dropped for it. B) its not as messy as bar soap to store in your little ditty bag.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    And at PI it's Dove with your Drill Instructors 5 o'clock shadow.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Looks like im gonna be up at 4 every mourning to get ready.Plus when i enlist i will be going to PI as i know.Can you get dressed then lay back down,or do you have to rush and do it?

If you wake up and get on line fully dressed in cammies and shaven when they yell "lights lights lights" during first phase....your going to get ****ed up beyond belief.don't even THINK about "taking the intiative" until 2nd or 3rd phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalling View Post
    If you wake up and get on line fully dressed in cammies and shaven when they yell "lights lights lights" during first phase....your going to get ****ed up beyond belief.don't even THINK about "taking the intiative" until 2nd or 3rd phase.
    Not even then, cause you never know when your Series Chief Drill Instructor, or even your 1Sgt, will be on deck that morning for lights. That did happen to us, and all we had on were boot socks. Not only did our world get lit up, but the duty hut did as well. Just do what you're told, nothing more, nothing less.

Eventually you will pickup the hints your SDI drops in the later phases and you'll know no one will care if you do it. Technically he can't say get up early and shave and whatever before lights, he has to give you that 8hours of sleep, thanks MoA. But he'll drop hints in later phases, makes things smoother in the mornings, gets you to chow faster, etc.

Like stated, just do what you're told first phase. You'll think your in heaven after the Crucible. You'll still be rushing and realize halfway through the act that its not really needed anymore.

Another tip, if you are a lucky one like myself that can "dry" shave (without shaving creme), do it. Its much faster, much easier, and less mess.

Cleanliness is next to godliness. Keep yourself clean especially in the field. The threat of cellulitis has been mentioned. Take it from me, wash your knees. I got to spend a week in the hospital with my knee looking like a softball because I caught cellulitis on the crucible. You don't want to do the 10 mile hump on that.

Take your hygiene seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by sim37 View Post
    Cleanliness is next to godliness. Keep yourself clean especially in the field. The threat of cellulitis has been mentioned. Take it from me, wash your knees. I got to spend a week in the hospital with my knee looking like a softball because I caught cellulitis on the crucible. You don't want to do the 10 mile hump on that.

Take your hygiene seriously.
    Clean your feet(inbetween the toes), behind the knees and elbows, crotch, and pits. That's all you need in the field. And unless you already know you have tough feet(make sure you know with the combo of combat boots and mil socks, not white socks and tennis shoes), change your socks when you can. I've been wearin combat boots for several years so I didn't bother with this and never had any feet problems, others were screwed. Plan ahead, always plan ahead.

Amen to the post above this one. Make da** sure you take care of your feet. That should be at the top of the priority list before and after the humps.

And as far as making sure you're squared away before lights... also be sure to use the head before lights in the morning. Don't be that 1 recruit that is doing the "gotta ****" dance standing on line before morning chow... Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by vaughn View Post
    Amen to the post above this one. Make da** sure you take care of your feet. That should be at the top of the priority list before and after the humps.

And as far as making sure you're squared away before lights... also be sure to use the head before lights in the morning. Don't be that 1 recruit that is doing the "gotta ****" dance standing on line before morning chow... Lol!
    But you've gotta make sure you do it before 15 minutes till. I went in 16 minutes before, came out 14 minutes before. The Devil was standing just inside the duty hut when I went silently sprinting past(i took off my go slowers and was wearing boot socks). It was rather funny hearing him yell at the front post "what the fvck was that! who was that!" Yeah, ended up with the last 2 hrs of firewatch for the next 2 weeks.

Thread Information