WHAT DO YOU DO NOW (After The Marine Corps.)
Create Post

WHAT DO YOU DO NOW (After The Marine Corps.)

What is going on Warriors? I want to make this as short as possible. What do you do now after you have served in Your Marine Corps?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Nothing that had anything to do with what I did in the Corps.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistolwhip8809 View Post
    What is going on Warriors? I want to make this as short as possible. What do you do now after you have served in Your Marine Corps?
    I was Motor Transport and Military Police. I retired as a civilian police officer. Now I own a screenprinting business.

um... what's your point with this? short is nice, but this seems as though it can be used against the Marine Corps...

JUSTICE Definition: Justice is defined as the practice of being fair and consistent. A just person gives consideration to each side of a situation and bases rewards or punishments on merit.

JUDGMENT Definition: Judgment is your ability to think about things clearly, calmly, and in an orderly fashion so that you can make good decisions.

DEPENDABILITY Definition: Dependability means that you can be relied upon to perform your duties properly. It means that you can be trusted to complete a job. It is the willing and voluntary support of the policies and orders of the chain of command. Dependability also means consistently putting forth your best effort in an attempt to achieve the highest standards of performance.

INITIATIVE Definition: Initiative is taking action even though you haven't been given orders. It means meeting new and unexpected situations with prompt action. It includes using resourcefulness to get something done without the normal material or methods being available to you.

DECISIVENESS Definition: Decisiveness means that you are able to make good decisions without delay. Get all the facts and weight them against each other. By acting calmly and quickly, you should arrive at a sound decision. You announce your decisions in a clear, firm, professional manner.

TACT Definition: Tact means that you can deal with people in a manner that will maintain good relations and avoid problems. It means that you are polite, calm, and firm.

INTEGRITY Definition: Integrity means that you are honest and truthful in what you say or do. You put honesty, sense of duty, and sound moral principles above all else.

ENTHUSIASM Definition: Enthusiasm is defined as a sincere interest and exuberance in the performance of your duties. If you are enthusiastic, you are optimistic, cheerful, and willing to accept the challenges.

BEARING Definition: Bearing is the way you conduct and carry yourself. Your manner should reflect alertness, competence, confidence, and control.

UNSELFISHNESS Definition: Unselfishness means that you avoid making yourself comfortable at the expense of others. Be considerate of others. Give credit to those who deserve it.

COURAGE Definition: Courage is what allows you to remain calm while recognizing fear. Moral courage means having the inner strength to stand up for what is right and to accept blame when something is your fault. Physical courage means that you can continue to function effectively when there is physical danger present.

KNOWLEDGE Definition: Knowledge is the understanding of a science or art. Knowledge means that you have acquired information and that you understand people. Your knowledge should be broad, and in addition to knowing your job, you should know your unit's policies and keep up with current events.

LOYALTY Definition: Loyalty means that you are devoted to your country, the Corps, and to your seniors, peers, and subordinates. The motto of our Corps is Semper Fidelis!, (Always Faithful). You owe unwavering loyalty up and down the chain of command, to seniors, subordinates, and peers.

ENDURANCE Definition: Endurance is the mental and physical stamina that is measured by your ability to withstand pain, fatigue, stress, and hardship. For example, enduring pain during a conditioning march in order to improve stamina is crucial in the development of leadership.

this is what we know and learned while in the Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolwhip8809 View Post
    You try and find a way to coexist with the sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    You try and find a way to coexist with the sheep.

this doesn't sound good at all Pete... not all civilians are sheep...

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    this doesn't sound good at all Pete... not all civilians are sheep...
    And not all Marines are sheepdogs.

...huh? how are you staying with a bad analogy like that to try to explain something that wasn't asked? you care to explain yourself?

SSgt Petzold...he is answering the question. You just haven't read what we've read. Personally, I think you were the one that wasn't answering the question.

Pete, God Bless the Sheepdogs.

Pistolwhip, I'm a VP of Information Systems.

Thread Information