F.M.F. Doc's Reality.
Create Post
    Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

F.M.F. Doc's Reality.

I've avoided this forum, trying not to drag my past all over the grinder. After I'd spent nearly three years working in a couple of stateside Navy hospitals, with all those wounded Viet Nam Vets, I was sent to the F.M.F., and to R.V.N. I learned...quickly, that my responsibility was MUCH greater than I'd thought. At 23, I had to be a Big Brother, a Step-Dad, and Mommy, to the young men in my Platoon. PLUS...to earn respect, I had to "make my bones"...somehow. That happened very quickly, one fire fight/ambush, and had to use ALL my skills to save Platoon members. ALL viewed me differently, which was good, and I could better help those young Marines in more, and better ways. During a bad night ambush, I discovered that these young men were willing to give their lives, for my safety. SO.....this thread, and forum isn't JUST about Doc's, but about the VERY special relationship we have with The Marine Corps!!.....SEMPER FIDELIS.....Doc Greek

I think we view Corpsman totally differently than regular Navy guys.

I spent probably a little over a year combined floating with the Navy between a few exercises on the USS Blueridge and the USS Nassau for a MEU.

On ship, working on the flight deck doing the Combat Cargo thing, it got tense quite a few times...they had their jobs to do (yellow jackets) and us (white float coats).

In deployments, our Doc's were highly regarded...they were one of us...and God help you if you screw with our Doc's in a bar or anywhere really...you'd have a bunch of ****ed off Marine's ready to rip your throat out and stomp your manhood into the deck pretty quickly.

Don't ever, ever screw with a FMF Corpsman...they are our brothers who live, eat, fight, bleed, and sometimes die beside us...there is no differentiation between us. Marine's.

I had three amazing Corpsman out with me on this deployment. Who all did not come here FMF qualified, but are all leaving that way! We were so proud of our "Docs." I actaully told my soon-to-be wife that when we get back, on my first 96, I am taking my Corpsman with me to see a movie much like we did before we left. She at first wanted to join us, but I told her it was something between my Corpsman and I. We are brothers forever. And she respected that. I really respect those guys. And always will.

Ran into this site looking for another site. Was looking for the Blood Stripe as a topic. Serve with FMF HN through HM2 When made Third talked my Marines out takking me on the legs etc. When I made Second did I get Nailed. First Sargent said No Way. Good memories.
    Semper Fi
    Doc Amtrac E 2/9 66, C 3rd Med, 68

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...ium/Scan-2.jpg

My Corpsman was one of my best friends in 1/4.

You guys are more than good to go, doc.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Amtrac View Post
    Ran into this site looking for another site. Was looking for the Blood Stripe as a topic. Serve with FMF HN through HM2 When made Third talked my Marines out takking me on the legs etc. When I made Second did I get Nailed. First Sargent said No Way. Good memories.
    Semper Fi
    Doc Amtrac E 2/9 66, C 3rd Med, 68

Mind boggeling. Doc Amtrac are you saying that you had blood stripes pinned ?? I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

To honor the Corpsman

Attached you will see an image of a newpaper article in stars and stripes from my 75-76 tour in Okinawa. An EOD accident ended with several good Marines dead, and several wounded. The Corpsman on site at the time was our company corpsman. What the article fails to mention is that while being injured hisself the corpsman PO C.3. Roy Sotelo administered to the wounded, stablizing them for evact, before finally succombing to his injuries. His selfless act saved many lives that day. Point being, war is not the only time Marines depend on the knowledge, and caring of the Navy Corpsman. The Navy Corpsman will always have the respect, and admiration of all Marines. And will always hold a special place in the hearts of all Marines who have seen them in action. SF

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/t...ODAccident.jpg

Thread Information