For all the Infantry Marines
Create Post

For all the Infantry Marines

Well I was just wondering about this, but since infantry Marines are out in the field so much, how do they keep up their pt? Because don't they go to the field like every week?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 119Wrestler View Post
    Well I was just wondering about this, but since infantry Marines are out in the field so much, how do they keep up their pt? Because don't they go to the field like every week?

Thanks
    It depends.
    It's usually one week in the field, one week out of the field when on a work-up.

Marines who spend all their time in the field are proficient at their occupation but can't PT as well as other units who never go to the field.
    Catch 22.

Gotcha.
    Thanks

You're in the field about two weeks out of every month, collectively.

In the rear you usually pt every morning. It's varied and intense. You'll do long formation runs, practice your hand to hand fighting skills, go to the gym, run up hills like "The Microwave" go to the pool, et cetera, et cetera.

In the field you're not doing actual pt (in most cases) but your job is probably more physically intense than any pt session you may encounter in the rear. Humping, assaulting and patrolling are very demanding and work your whole body both aerobically and anaerobically.

I'd rather do a 5mi formation run than a 500 meter assault on range 400 in Twentynine Palms.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisium View Post
    You're in the field about two weeks out of every month, collectively.

In the rear you usually pt every morning. It's varied and intense. You'll do long formation runs, practice your hand to hand fighting skills, go to the gym, run up hills like "The Microwave" go to the pool, et cetera, et cetera.
    I love running up there.

"Recon" is good also.

I'd rather do a 5mi formation run than a 500 meter assault on range 400 in Twentynine Palms.
    The MG Hill hurts.
    It just hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    I love running up there.

"Recon" is good also.

The MG Hill hurts.
    It just hurts.
    Recon Ridge is the gateway to all. Going to Las Pulgas, going over Recon Ridge, Going to SOI, going over Recon Ridge, Going to the rifle range... going over Ridge. LOL That's why Horno is a bowl of Marineness.

Typical Charlie Co. frag order...

"Okay gents it's currently 1850...

At 0330, First is going to assault north up this waddie then turn east after 300 meters. You'll have 250 meters of open ground to cover before the objective. It's open terrain so don't get sloppy on your rushes. Full combat load with one AT-4 per fire team. You'll have one team of SMAW going with.

At 1900, heavy guns are going to be setting up an overwatch by taking....um...this hill we are on now. They wont' be moving and will get pizza for the show. Don't worry it'll be real hot so they may burn their mouths. "

Just kidding buddy. From a crunchy, I couldn't resist.

Alright sweet, I was just wondering.
    Thanks

At 1900, heavy guns are going to be setting up an overwatch by taking....um...this hill we are on now. They wont' be moving and will get pizza for the show. Don't worry it'll be real hot so they may burn their mouths. "
    ROFL...funny as hell.

Don't think that you will not PT in the field though Poolee. Your Chain of Command can always get creative.......

Recon Ridge is the gateway to all. Going to Las Pulgas, going over Recon Ridge, Going to SOI, going over Recon Ridge, Going to the rifle range... going over Ridge. LOL That's why Horno is a bowl of Marineness.

Typical Charlie Co. frag order...

"Okay gents it's currently 1850...

At 0330, First is going to assault north up this waddie then turn east after 300 meters. You'll have 250 meters of open ground to cover before the objective. It's open terrain so don't get sloppy on your rushes. Full combat load with one AT-4 per fire team. You'll have one team of SMAW going with.

Just kidding buddy. From a crunchy, I couldn't resist.

Classic!

Trust me your average grunt is in better shape than your in the rear with the gear turds.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT VAS View Post
    Don't think that you will not PT in the field though Poolee. Your Chain of Command can always get creative.......
    aint that the truth

Quote Originally Posted by SGT VAS View Post

Nothing like doing gun drills or fire team rushes during the down time in the field. Makes the junior Marines more proficient.

Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    Nothing like doing gun drills or fire team rushes during the down time in the field. Makes the junior Marines more proficient.
    That isn't called PT... it's called "rehearsals".

A dreaded word to the non-rates .

Thread Information