I've got an MOS dilemma now... - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I get the feeling that it is very difficult to lat-move into infantry, because by the time a Marine is elligible to lat-move, a lot of times he is an NCO or a senior LCPL. This would be a problem lat-moving into the infantry because Corporals and senior Lances are fireteam leaders, in charge of other Marines' lives. Sure, lat-moving into a POG unit isn't bad, because a fireteam leader doesn't often have other Marines' lives in their hands.

As far as I understand, grunts don't like boot fireteams leaders. Bear in mind the Marine Corps is big on "small-unit leadership," starting with the buddy team and moving right into the fireteam.

Again, that is all just things I have heard from some of my NCOs and one or two grunt friends I have. Any infantry on here care to correct me if I'm misleading Lupo, please do. I don't want to give him any false info.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    I get the feeling that it is very difficult to lat-move into infantry, because by the time a Marine is elligible to lat-move, a lot of times he is an NCO or a senior LCPL. This would be a problem lat-moving into the infantry because Corporals and senior Lances are fireteam leaders, in charge of other Marines' lives. Sure, lat-moving into a POG unit isn't bad, because a fireteam leader doesn't often have other Marines' lives in their hands.

As far as I understand, grunts don't like boot fireteams leaders. Bear in mind the Marine Corps is big on "small-unit leadership," starting with the buddy team and moving right into the fireteam.

Again, that is all just things I have heard from some of my NCOs and one or two grunt friends I have. Any infantry on here care to correct me if I'm misleading Lupo, please do. I don't want to give him any false info.
    Not saying you're all wrong but why does everyone on here have such a hard time staying in their lane and sticking to what they know? ALways in a hurry to pass scuttlebutt hearsay and speculation..

Who got all this LatMove crap started anyway? So many guys come in here trying to game the game, taking one job now and trying to shave the odds and LM to their DREAM JOB later. Face it now-it ain't gonna happen til the end of your first enlistment and only if the change benefits the Corps.

As for other MOSs moving to 03, I went to ITB with a LCpl, a Cpl and a Sgt. We had a Sgt come to us from an unusual POG background and he did fine. It's too early and I lost my entire train of thought....crap..

Credits
    Savings
    I spoke with the Gunny at our RS today and he said that he'll get me the 03xx job. If he doesn't, I'll take the MP and live (and love) it.

Thanks for all the help Marines

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    Not saying you're all wrong but why does everyone on here have such a hard time staying in their lane and sticking to what they know? ALways in a hurry to pass scuttlebutt hearsay and speculation..

Who got all this LatMove crap started anyway? So many guys come in here trying to game the game, taking one job now and trying to shave the odds and LM to their DREAM JOB later. Face it now-it ain't gonna happen til the end of your first enlistment and only if the change benefits the Corps.

As for other MOSs moving to 03, I went to ITB with a LCpl, a Cpl and a Sgt. We had a Sgt come to us from an unusual POG background and he did fine. It's too early and I lost my entire train of thought....crap..
    Happy Friday

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    with all due respect (as usual..) SSgt... ain't nothing GRUNTish bout convoy security. "CS" cannot compare with kicking in doors, rounding up douchebag MUJ mofos or even shooting random dogs (not that I would be a party to such misconduct)

just saying a cop's a cop, a KILLER is a KILLER.. FYSA and SF

well, when you get to chase after IED planters and all that fun stuff, it's really all you need.

kicking in doors is a job just like it is for me to fix a broken HMMWV of 2/2 brought me to fix at 2300 while still on a mission and getting it up and running with-in 45 min. while also fixing a rear differntial so they got their 4x4 back! MT maint rocks....

we all have our jobs, but honestly... do they all have to be combat oriented?

I'll stick too what I know and that is K9 stuff and MP.anything else I talk about will usually start off with "I think" "i've been told" or some other combination of "not sure" "I heard".

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    This is getting Real..................

huh??? what are you talking about?

Credits
    Savings
    Me?? haha i don't even know half the time...

Credits
    Savings

Take a hike

Quote Originally Posted by Volcom1117 View Post
    Me?? haha i don't even know half the time...

Ok, Cheech, you know we pizz test, right? So just move along and take your purple haze with you...

that purple haze hasn't been around for a while man...

Credits
    Savings
    Sorry SSgt Petzold.

Hahah i Don't do drugs either sir. I'll pass the pizz test.

since when did a LCpl rate "Sir" while a SSgt just gets his rank?

PIB you got a handle on this?

Credits
    Savings
    Agian, I Appologize to both SSgt Petzold, Sir, And LCpl PaidinBlood, Sir. I didn't mean any disrespect.

Thread Information