Post Weight Loss Goals! 09 Edition - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    There are loads of threads of weight loss and getting stronger... Read them and learn.
    I definitely will. This is my first day here on your forum so I am very excited to learn. Thank you.

it's not called ruck marches... or packs being called rucks.... mainly for the reason that "RUC"s are unit admin locations (for HQMC purposes)

go learn from the poolees.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    it's not called ruck marches... or packs being called rucks.... mainly for the reason that "RUC"s are unit admin locations (for HQMC purposes)

go learn from the poolees.
    Understood, thank you. I'm reading up as we speak.

now start using Marines Ranks.

Credits
    Savings
    I try to update on this as much as possible to keep it in the top page.
    Anyway its storming outside so i cant pt,but i pt earlier so its cool.

It'll be cool to sticky this so we can post picks and give others a chance to read this.It sometimes get buried on the 2nd page.

Everybody stay up and pt!
    My goal this month-10pnds

Credits
    Savings
    I did some running earlier and then did a bike ride on this fitness trail, that i live by. Then to top it all off I had a double header in softball today. So overall it was a good day.

In February I weighed 281, now im down to 254. My goal is to be at 221 in July. That's what I need to be at in order to enlist the recruiter said. I think if I keep eating right and working out everday, I shouldn't have a problem.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Credits
    Savings
    Your on the right track with the weight loss keep it up!
    Alot of people here have goals and want the same thing we all want,
    to be a Marine!

Welcome to the thread!

Sounds like everyone is right on track. I'm on pace to be able to talk to the recruiter by the end of June. I had a feel-good moment today. I went to buckle my belt and realized I could buckle the next notch. Two months ago, I couldn't wear the belt at all, now I only have one hole to go before it starts to get too big.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by kpuente View Post
    In February I weighed 281, now im down to 254. My goal is to be at 221 in July. That's what I need to be at in order to enlist the recruiter said. I think if I keep eating right and working out everday, I shouldn't have a problem.
    221 is my goal by july aswell.

I started talking to my recruiter in november and I weighed 272 pounds, but it wasn't until January that I took it seriously. I'm down to 238 now and want to weigh 221 by the end of June so I can enlist.

I feel like I've hit a plateau because I've only lost two pounds these last three weeks. Gonna start working a lot harder though. Started running in the mornings and I hit the gym everyday after school.

200lbs is my goal, but I gotta lose 50lbs before I can sign

Credits
    Savings
    MTN395 and Faze,

Good to know im not alone. Im motivated to do it. Earlier this week, I got a call from a new recruiter. He replaced the recruiter, I was originally talking to. Were getting together Friday and now I feel extra motivated because he said he wants to work out with me and invite me to some of their Poolee functions. So im excited. Goodluck to the both of you. We will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by kpuente View Post
    MTN395 and Faze,

Good to know im not alone. Im motivated to do it. Earlier this week, I got a call from a new recruiter. He replaced the recruiter, I was originally talking to. Were getting together Friday and now I feel extra motivated because he said he wants to work out with me and invite me to some of their Poolee functions. So im excited. Goodluck to the both of you. We will do it.
    My Recruiter invited me to do PT with them, but I can't get a ride, if I could go I could drop my weight fast, but...

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn395 View Post
    My Recruiter invited me to do PT with them, but I can't get a ride, if I could go I could drop my weight fast, but...
    Understandable, I live about four miles from mine. So I just ride my bike there or walk. But most of the time I run in the nieghborhood or use the treadmill my family has. I dont have a gym membership, so I try to find other ways to workout outside. So far it has been working.

Workout on a budget? Prison style workout, Inclined pushups, squats with a lil brother on ur shoulders, Poker deck pushups, fill juice containers with dirt, rocks etc for weight with tape handles. use a brick as a kettlebell..do suicides in a parking lot..will definetly lean you out fast and in a hurry. Remember to check your diet too, you will see the most improvement after you fix what goes in and powers your body!

Weighed in yesterday @ 312 , 66lbs to go for my DEP weight .

Thread Information