Post Weight Loss Goals! 09 Edition - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yeah gettin alot of feedback from the folks at school,im slimmin down,i cant see it but they can.I got football workouts all this week,gettin ready for spring.

kilpatrick, great job! keep it up... aim to lose 8 pounds this next month.

Kinda off topic, i havent really been focusing on losing weight. However i just managed to pass the run part of my ist today. I have been working really hard towards meeting the time, and today i ran a 13:09. My last time was a 13:55. I leave for boot on Sunday. I was so happy to know that I am now able to go and start training. Nothing is holding me back. Running may be the worst thing for me, but thanks to certain Marines and poolees, I am able to go pursue my dream. Anybody having problems with the run, just keep busting that azz, it will come.

I'd be worried that you're gonna fail in boot camp in front of all those DIs... not knowing which one will be yours should scare you enough not to fail.... but you never know.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by chrizzle17 View Post
    Kinda off topic, i havent really been focusing on losing weight. However i just managed to pass the run part of my ist today. I have been working really hard towards meeting the time, and today i ran a 13:09. My last time was a 13:55. I leave for boot on Sunday. I was so happy to know that I am now able to go and start training. Nothing is holding me back. Running may be the worst thing for me, but thanks to certain Marines and poolees, I am able to go pursue my dream. Anybody having problems with the run, just keep busting that azz, it will come.
    Good luckck at boot man,youll make it,just bust your ass of in front of your DIs,and stay motivated.

Credits
    Savings
    Man im am exhausted from yesterday,we had matt drills for football.It consist of drills for 15 mins a piece of straight cardio football drills.My grey tee was soaked after that day!

Quote Originally Posted by GavinL91 View Post
    Good luckck at boot man,youll make it,just bust your ass of in front of your DIs,and stay motivated.
    Thanks bro, I don't plan on failing now that I know i can pass. My pullups and crunches are way past minimum and now i can pass the run. Its time to go become a Marine! Thanks for the moto.

Edit: by the way, thats a great statement you have at the bottom of your post. With that attitude, you should be passing recruit training in no time.

Credits
    Savings
    I need to be on a better diet,i feel like im eating crap.Like i eat things i want but not as much.Should i continue this or should i change up my whole diet.Still doing my cardio and weight training.

Well my last post here, but I did start eating better for myself, not necessarily to lose weight. I would bake some chicken in the morning(wrap it in tinfoil and bake for 35 mins...easy as hell) then make a container of easy rice. Then cut up the chicken, add some veggies, and eat it all day long. Make enough to last all day. Good, and healthy. Bag of chicken at Wallyworld, is like 6 bucks lasts for a few days. Chinese food and pizza used to be a constant thing, and I would feel like crap all the time. Just start changing some of the foods you eat slowly. You will learn to appreciate better foods.

Credits
    Savings
    Update:
    April 30-Today after checking the scale after a whole month i have lost 20 pnds.
    (Its not alot i know,but its a start for the good.

Starting weight:307
    Current weight:287
    DEP Goal:230
    Ultimate Goal:200

Good luck to the rest!

Credits
    Savings
    Hey everybody, this will be my first post as I've been on the road to weight loss myself.

As of December, I weighed in at 310 lbs. Today, I'm at 255 lbs and counting. I start a three-month workout regimen on Saturday that will be the final push to my target weight of 200 lbs. I'm already capable of passing the push-ups and sit-ups standards, so it's just a matter of getting to a proper enlistment weight, getting my mile time up to snuff, and my pull-ups to a suitable number (only three at present).

Starting Saturday, I begin a 7-day workout routine that will include 3-miles running, 10 laps in the pool, as well as various cardio and weights. Once I get down to about 225, I plan to start working my way up to 10-mile ruck marches.

Congratulations to all of you for taking the steps to better yourselves and congratulations for the progress you've made. I pray for your continued successes.

Quote Originally Posted by ÓGlaisne View Post
    Hey everybody, this will be my first post as I've been on the road to weight loss myself.

As of December, I weighed in at 310 lbs. Today, I'm at 255 lbs and counting. I start a three-month workout regimen on Saturday that will be the final push to my target weight of 200 lbs. I'm already capable of passing the push-ups and sit-ups standards, so it's just a matter of getting to a proper enlistment weight, getting my mile time up to snuff, and my pull-ups to a suitable number (only three at present).

Starting Saturday, I begin a 7-day workout routine that will include 3-miles running, 10 laps in the pool, as well as various cardio and weights. Once I get down to about 225, I plan to start working my way up to 10-mile ruck marches.

Congratulations to all of you for taking the steps to better yourselves and congratulations for the progress you've made. I pray for your continued successes.

are you serious?!

you need to ask another poolee what the requirements are and where you should put your focuses to better improve yourself to succeed in boot camp.

Credits
    Savings
    I'll always be open to some direction, I have no family or friends in the Marine Corps and the recruiters weren't interested in talking to me until I lost some weight so I've really been flying by the seat of my pants in all of this. I've just been pushing everything as hard as I can in everything I can. I don't really know much other way to go about it, to be honest.

I wasn't really working from a total state of inability from the start, though. Yes, I was grossly overweight at 310 lbs but I wasn't wholly out of shape, if that makes sense. I've always been a strong and able guy, I just got a little too wild with the Miller High Life, pork ribs, and cake and my weight got out of hand.

Like I said though, I'm definitely going to be pouring over your forums here all night to gain some experience and knowledge that I previously have not had. I hope to be much better informed thanks to your resource, here.

There are loads of threads of weight loss and getting stronger... Read them and learn.

Credits
    Savings
    Also, I realized I should clarify... I don't know if I can get up to 10 miles, but I read online that you will do ruck marches up to that length in boot so it's just a number I set as a goal for myself. I'm sure I sounded stupid saying that in the first post, but I mean that I just set that as something to look towards because it was a number I read in a breakdown of Marine Corps training. I don't convey what I'm trying to say very well, sometimes.

Thread Information