Post Weight Loss Goals! 09 Edition - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    one of your goals is to become a female?????? hahaha.

SSgt...Im all woman....

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ^^ thats good to hear lol

Quote Originally Posted by agwilliams View Post
    Heres my goals.

Female
    Height: 5'4"
    Highest weight: 250 February 16, 2009
    Current weight: 230
    Weight to ship: 145
    1st Goal: 180 by August 15 and meeting IST standards. If this happens I can Dep-in.
    2nd Goal: 140 by December
    You can enter the delayed entry program with 40 pounds still to lose?

the way i read it...you can enter DEP overweight and get a waiver for the weight as long as you can meet 2nd class PFT requirements...I could be wrong.
    Marines is this correct information??

Where is it you're reading this? This isn't what your recruiter told you?

No that is to ship to boot camp, you can be 5 percent to 10 percent over weight as long as you pass the IST but if you are 10 percent you must also get a waiver depending on the score you get on your IST, in order to DEP in to the Marines you must be at the required weight.

As for females, they MUST be at weight to DEP in and ship to boot camp, no exceptions. Once women get to the fleet they can do tape tests for body fat percentage when they do their PFT's, etc.

Can you be a little more concise? When you say you must be at the required weight in the first paragraph do you mean the 5 to 10 percent over the ship weight? Cause then you go on to say that females must be at weight to enter the DEP.

Males can be at 5 percent and pass their IST in order to go to boot camp, if you are over that but under 10 percent and pass your IST and pass a body fat test, if you are at 10 percent but under I believe 12 percent you must pass your IST, get a waiver, and there is something else you must do but I forget what it is.

Females must be AT THE REQUIRED WEIGHT we women tend to gain weight differently than guys, so we have no body fat test until we get to the fleet. There will be no exceptions, no waivers, no chances on an IST, you must be at weight or you don't DEP in and you certainly will not ship to boot camp.

Thank you for the clarification.

all I know is that there are DEP weight limits and SHIP weight limits... you have to meet them in order to do them.

ask your recruiter for what yours are with your height/sex.

i got my information from *************. i must have read it wrong. since i am female and i will be 28 august, 19, my goals are as follows.

Height: 5'4"
    Heaviest weight: 250 on February 16, 2009
    Current weight: 230
    1st Goal: 180 by August 15(I still want to be meeting IST standards at this date)
    2nd Goal: 145 by December 20th(special Marine Corp day in my family)
    3rd Goal: 135 by ship date and surpassing IST standards (hopefully by February)

just checking in; I have lost 5 lbs in a month :thumbsup:

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I feelin good,people at school are sayin i look smaller so it must be working.Cardio and situps and pushups,ima get there.

Got my arse kicked today at PT with the RS, it was awesome, cant wait to do it again. I've never been more motivated in my entire life! Although I didn't do as well as I had hoped I was OK with it for being my first time doing anything with Marines and Pool-ees.

Thread Information