Post Weight Loss Goals! 09 Edition - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    your height weight regs are like 216-218 active duty... you're within height and weight standards... you're not "large" unless you have nothing but fat that needs to be turned into muscle.
    not necessarily LARGE, but still in need of thinning out

just got back from my nightly 1 1/2, Ssgt

Motivated

do three tomorrow night and then come talk about motivated....

do three tomorrow night and then come talk about motivated....
    Yes Sir!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by KilpatrickF250 View Post
    not necessarily LARGE, but still in need of thinning out

just got back from my nightly 1 1/2, Ssgt

Motivated
    Push your self to go further. When i first started loosing weight, i struggled to do half a mile. I was winded. I did that same half mile for about a month and realized i was getting no where. Force you self to go and extra lap with out stopping, or coming to a walk. Just keep your feet moving. When i started to do this i lost more weight and felt an energy boost in the mornings when i woke up.

No that i have been at it for quite a while i can run just about 4 miles non stop at a pace of about 7mph.

Your diet will also really put you in your place. Replace 1 meal a day with a salad. Lettuce is very low in calorie and very filling. Use little to no salad dressing. I don't use any. with your salad have a grilled chicken breast. It is high in protein, so it will help you keep the muscle you have, and is easy to digest.

Stay away from sweets. Trust me. You will clean all of the crap out of you system and will be felling better after about 2 weeks on the clean food diet.

Make sure that you weight lift at the VERY least 2 times a week. It does not have to be extreme, but working your muscles boost your metabolism and keeps you body burning calories after a workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger03 View Post
    Push your self to go further. When i first started loosing weight, i struggled to do half a mile. I was winded. I did that same half mile for about a month and realized i was getting no where. Force you self to go and extra lap with out stopping, or coming to a walk. Just keep your feet moving. When i started to do this i lost more weight and felt an energy boost in the mornings when i woke up.

No that i have been at it for quite a while i can run just about 4 miles non stop at a pace of about 7mph.

Your diet will also really put you in your place. Replace 1 meal a day with a salad. Lettuce is very low in calorie and very filling. Use little to no salad dressing. I don't use any. with your salad have a grilled chicken breast. It is high in protein, so it will help you keep the muscle you have, and is easy to digest.

Stay away from sweets. Trust me. You will clean all of the crap out of you system and will be felling better after about 2 weeks on the clean food diet.

Make sure that you weight lift at the VERY least 2 times a week. It does not have to be extreme, but working your muscles boost your metabolism and keeps you body burning calories after a workout.
    cut out the sweets about two months ago. been lifting 3 times a week, run damn near everyday. about to start swimming at least 4 times a week

It is a lot easier to loose weight when you have a real goal to achieve (like the Corps). I was fat, heard about Marines, lost weight (21 lbs in a Month), DEPed in, and am now continuing to loose weight. Motivation!

Credits
    Savings
    Should i concentrate on cardio or a mix of weights and cardio,i need to lose alot of weight and burn alot of fat,i got weight training as a class,so what should i do.I heard muscle weighs more than fat,so if i am gaining muscle am i gaining weight?

do planks.... or stay in the "rest" position... planks require you to rest on your elbows... you can do side planks also... other ideas are from the plank to reach our with one hand to "change the channel" as if you are turning the nob on the tv... and then do the same with the other hand... but have about 10 sec. inbetween arm raises... after you do 10sec left hand change 10 sec right hand change... that's one rep. get to ten reps and see where you are on push ups after that.
    SSgt, Planks are more for your core. They may help a little with keeping a proper form during pushups, but you won't achieve any more by doing them. Pushups (depending on stance) work your chest and tricep muscles. Therefore, workout your chest and triceps. Rope pulldowns, bench press, etc. They also work your shoulders so do shrugs and shoulder presses or some shoulder workout as well. Honestly though, the way to get good at pushups is to do pushups. I was doing 1000 a day last summer for a few weeks. They get easier. I wouldn't recommend doing alot of them all the time though (i.e. 1000 a day) because your muscles need time to repair, and you can really injust yourself doing too many.

if you don't have a strong core (as many of these fatties dont) you can't use all your muscles in your body to do an exercise... you may not know this, but if you have a strong core muscle group, when you do a pull up, you are getting help from your leg muscles...

Cpl, those exercises are a great way to build your muscles... I won't disagree with you there, but they are looking for a way to do more... and strengthening your core is key... besides, keeping your back straight is a requirement... might as well train for it...

Quick weight loss

Hey GavinL91, my weight loss plan was not fun... not fun by any means. I cut everything out of my diet that was not essential nutrients. I mixed yogurt with boiled buckwheat and vegetable juice from whole foods. I ate that 4 times a day and my health slop made eating a chore (that should never happen). I also ran every day but Sundays. My runs would very from 3 to 8 miles a day. If it was more than 3 miles, I would run 2 miles and walk a half mile and run 2 miles and so on and so forth. This was a great way to actually burn fat permanently! Now that I lost 21 or so lbs in a month, I am good to go! The only reason that I could run when I wanted to and eat when I wanted to (which was never) was because I don't have a job until Aug 17th.

To sum it up, eat food that horses enjoy, become unemployed, and run everyday as if there was a mob of Drill Instructors chasing behind you.

In other words, if life sucks, you are doing it right! (disclaimer, this method worked for me because I wanted to see if I could handle such a situation of monotony. To everyone else trying to loose weight, find something a little more fun and less dangerous for your health and you may just stick to it!)

Credits
    Savings
    You use you core for almost every movement in your body. Having a strong core is essential. If you do planks everyday it will help you loose some weight and help you with other exercises. Planks are not fun at all, but they promote better form and posture.

I do planks everyday. It is my least favorite exercise.

if you don't have a strong core (as many of these fatties dont) you can't use all your muscles in your body to do an exercise... you may not know this, but if you have a strong core muscle group, when you do a pull up, you are getting help from your leg muscles...

Cpl, those exercises are a great way to build your muscles... I won't disagree with you there, but they are looking for a way to do more... and strengthening your core is key... besides, keeping your back straight is a requirement... might as well train for it...
    I'd have to fully agree with the SSgt here. If we're talking about core we're talking about the entire torso, which includes the shoulders. Planks done with the arms fully extended do strengthen the shoulder girdle and a stronger shoulder provides a stronger connection between the arms and the rest of the body.

A stronger midsection allows for more pushups as well because there are fewer leaks throughout the whole chain. Besides, all that shaking and quivering while holding a static position burns a lot of calories to boot.

But improving pushups requires doing more pushups, just like the CPL said.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    Hey GavinL91, my weight loss plan was not fun... not fun by any means. I cut everything out of my diet that was not essential nutrients. I mixed yogurt with boiled buckwheat and vegetable juice from whole foods. I ate that 4 times a day and my health slop made eating a chore (that should never happen). I also ran every day but Sundays. My runs would very from 3 to 8 miles a day. If it was more than 3 miles, I would run 2 miles and walk a half mile and run 2 miles and so on and so forth. This was a great way to actually burn fat permanently! Now that I lost 21 or so lbs in a month, I am good to go! The only reason that I could run when I wanted to and eat when I wanted to (which was never) was because I don't have a job until Aug 17th.

To sum it up, eat food that horses enjoy, become unemployed, and run everyday as if there was a mob of Drill Instructors chasing behind you.

In other words, if life sucks, you are doing it right! (disclaimer, this method worked for me because I wanted to see if I could handle such a situation of monotony. To everyone else trying to loose weight, find something a little more fun and less dangerous for your health and you may just stick to it!)

Become unemployed... jeez, if I could afford that I'd be able to run a PFT and a CFT underwater...

For all the fatbodies looking for an extremely motivating workout regime, try http://www.marinecorpsfitness.com/. You can keep progress of your personal goals, learn how to eat right, and they have a variety of workouts that will keep you from getting bored. And, its ****** FREE so no excuses!!!

Heres my goals.

Female
    Height: 5'4"
    Highest weight: 250 February 16, 2009
    Current weight: 230
    Weight to ship: 145
    1st Goal: 180 by August 15 and meeting IST standards. If this happens I can Dep-in.
    2nd Goal: 140 by December

Thread Information