Post Weight Loss Goals! 09 Edition - Page 10
Create Post
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alicia1984 View Post
    How low did you drop it and how much did you bump it back up to?
    I dropped it for a couple weeks. I bumped it back up to 1500-1600, which is where it was when I was losing steadily.

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Losing weight is harder than I would have though! In high school I was always the very very skinny kid. So after graduating I've been working out pretty much every day and eating a lot of meat to bulk up. Went from 6'0" @ 135lbs to 6'1" @ 205 pounds. Bench press went from 95lbs to 215lbs. But now that I'm strong enough for now I want to cut down for boot camp for the running and pretty much just everything as it's easier to do as a light person. Hoping to get down to 195-190 before going without losing much muscle mass. I'm probably about 15% body fat now and hope to be 12% some day.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I've gone from 273 to about 260 in a little over a week and a half. Hope to get to 249 in 2 weeks!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Pants View Post
    I've gone from 273 to about 260 in a little over a week and a half. Hope to get to 249 in 2 weeks!
    5 Pounds per week is not possible to do in a healthy way. The only way you lose that is mostly in water loss, which will slow fat burning and make you gain more weight in the long run when you stop hard core dieting.

Make sure you are drinking TONS of water, and be happy with 2 pounds per week.

Credits
    Savings
    Well folks to be honest I've been slacking. I was pt'ing every day & running 3 or so miles most every day, wasn't dieting per say but not like I was pigging out either. I was eating once or twice a day, I know thats not particularly good but you do how you have to. Alls I ate was eggs in different fashions post pt, & as I've said gained speed & strength & 10 lbs. Ya I think it's funny but only half in the haha funny way. So I was 220ish & now 230ish. Hoping to get my paperwork through & my med read thumbs up soon & to drop back under 220 @ 5'10 or 11(that's right some days I'm 71" & others 70.5") @ 27 yrs. Haven't tested in a bit but no doubt 1.5 still @ 13.5ish pulls maybe 4 or 5 & crunch still 60 or better- accounting for slacker loss. But no more all day school so back on the grind for my fat body.

I recently got the Wii Fit.... it's great! it tracks your day-to-day weight and the exercises are fun and engaging.

I'd recommend it for you all as something to do before you go for a run as it strengthens your core muscles and will aid in burning fat.

enjoy.

Ive been away for a long while. I have been working my butt off at work. I hit somewhat of a plateau. But this past week I was able to break that plateau and lose 10 lbs in 12 days. I feel great and I can run 1/4 mile with out stopping. My mile is still slow but I am building it up. I am down to 220lbs. Only have 80 more to go. I got just a little bit over a year to do it before I turn 29. I can and will do it!!!

5'9
    185-190 pounds (fluctuates)
    I would like to drop about ten pounds. Most of my weight is fat weigh around the midsection that I'd like to work off. Started serious PT again this week.

I started out at 6'2" and 275 pounds, a real fat body.
    Since March I've cut that down to 6'3"(Don't ask me where that inch came from) and I know way 215, hoping to cut that down to about 200 before I leave for Boot in October. I cut my IST run down to 10:35 as my best, I can do 11 pull ups and 110 sit ups in 2 minutes.

You guys should check out p90x. Its an amazing program that sounds prefect for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sbombard15 View Post
    You guys should check out p90x. Its an amazing program that sounds prefect for you guys.
    I just got it. It is pretty awesome. Makes a good pushup and crunch tool too.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWood311 View Post
    I just got it. It is pretty awesome. Makes a good pushup and crunch tool too.
    And it really helps you pullups. You have to do it everyday though and you really should follow the meal plan. All the meal plan dose is show you how to eat healthy to lose fat and gain muscle.

I'm 5'3'' and DEPed last month at 131 lbs. I used to be 145 lbs and I'm hoping to get to 120 by the end of summer. I got the Iron Gym a couple of weeks ago and I can do one pull up now! I don't want to do the flexed arm hang. I think females should have to do the male standards so my goal is to exceed the male standards for my IST.

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Good work Pitman (that's a recruiters name at my office actually), the Iron Gym is awesome and if you're able to do a good amount of pullups by the time boot camp comes around, the flexed arm hang will be easy.

If your a female, you should probably just stick to doing flexed arm hangs. Theres a girl in my RS that can do a 97 second hang, but only 2 pullups. Girls do the flex arm hang for a reason, their bodies are built differently, and should only do the flex arm hang.

Thread Information