Create Post
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Female
    Height: 5'3"

Weight goals:
    Starting weight (January 13, 2009): 215
    Current weight (May 16, 2009): 190
    Goal Weight: 140

I had a setback in April. During rugby practice one Sunday, I sprained my knee. I've recently gotten back into my workouts. Thankfully, I maintained my weight during my forced convalescence.

Regimen: Runs up and down hills with three dogs who pull in different directions, Daily 16, Red Rocks Fitness, rugby when in season, kettlebells

My mom doesn't know yet why I'm trying to lose weight. She's just glad I am. So far, the recruiters haven't been in touch with me much, but I'm sticking to my guns because I want to be a Marine.

I haven't done a baseline on flexed arm hang, but I know that I can bodily lift 200+ pound rugby forwards so I'm not as concerned. I'll be doing a baseline in a week. I'm going for my first serious run - not a jog or walk, a run - since I sprained my knee. Hopefully I'll be able to make a decent showing.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Height: 5'11"
    Current Weight: 273
    Goal Weight: 220 By the Sep-Oct.

Striving for this.

Height: 5'09"
    Current Weight: 235lbs.
    Goal Weight: 200lbs.

I'd like to be at a comfortable position to ship out at the end of this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    got my brother PTing (non-Marine/wannabe) he was shocked he can run a mile without passing out now.
    I wish I could run a mile

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn395 View Post
    Don't wish. You spend your time wishing you won't have any time to go out and do the thing you're wishing for.

Start small, start often, stay consistent. You'll be running a mile or 10 and humping that much more before long if you keep your head about you and stay consistent.

Falling off the wagon is easy. Getting back on is easy... staying on the b!tch is hard.

yeah, I think they make the wheels some oblong shape so it's always a bumpy fvcking ride....

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn395 View Post
    If you own an iPod touch by chance or the iPhone even there's an application on iTunes called C25K running plan. It's the Couch 2 Five K running plan designed to get you running 3 miles in 8 weeks. I've never been a runner and can't run for crap and I just started it this past week. The app tells you when to start your running intervals and when to stop. And it allows you to play your own music in the backround. I'm hoping this will help more than me just running until I'm tired and then stopping and then going again. This way I know how much progress I'm making. I'm the type that needs the strict focus of a program instead of leaving it all up to me.lol

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    yeah, I think they make the wheels some oblong shape so it's always a bumpy fvcking ride....
    HAHA, you make me laugh SSgt

Credits
    Savings
    I'm going strong, got some weights, started an intense exercise routine today to supplement the jogging id been doing. I'm very impatient and I hope to see SOME results soon.

Credits
    Savings
    Down to 232. Just 11 pounds until I can DEP in. I think I went three or four weeks without losing any weight and I'm sure it was because of my diet.

Started eating better food and doing the whole 6 small meals a day thing. Lost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I was ecstatic when I weighed myself today.

I also managed to run 3 miles today without stopping which surprised me quite a bit. I use to struggle running half a mile.

I'm at 228 (from 235 a month or so ago) - don't need to lose any more to DEP in but I need to be able to do 2 pull-ups and run a 11:30 1 1/2 mile. Still my goal is 200 so I've got quite a bit. My 1 1/2 mile is at 13:03.

Keep at it fellers. Everything that is easy was difficult at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by nrml1 View Post
    I'm at 228 (from 235 a month or so ago) - don't need to lose any more to DEP in but I need to be able to do 2 pull-ups and run a 11:30 1 1/2 mile. Still my goal is 200 so I've got quite a bit. My 1 1/2 mile is at 13:03.

Keep at it fellers. Everything that is easy was difficult at one point.
    Hell yes! Thats good stuff , I'm glad to see that youre almost there .

Credits
    Savings
    Height: 5'4
    Current: 175
    GOAL: 150 or below

I hit 163 today, down 3 since last Saturday. I had stopped losing weight, because I dropped my calorie intake too far. Once I bumped it back up, I started losing again. I also picked up Amy Bento's Kickboxing Xtreme. Today was my first day with it, and it was a great workout, even though I got lost on a lot of the combos. It's definitely worth the look if anyone is interested in that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariyta View Post
    I hit 163 today, down 3 since last Saturday. I had stopped losing weight, because I dropped my calorie intake too far. Once I bumped it back up, I started losing again. I also picked up Amy Bento's Kickboxing Xtreme. Today was my first day with it, and it was a great workout, even though I got lost on a lot of the combos. It's definitely worth the look if anyone is interested in that kind of thing.
    How low did you drop it and how much did you bump it back up to?

Thread Information