Post Weight Loss Goals! 09 Edition
Create Post
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Post Weight Loss Goals! 09 Edition

I saw post like this before,but i couldnt find one that wasnt 4-5 yrs old,so i decided to start 09 one.My goal is to be a poolee,and my ultimate goal is to be a Marine,but to achieve my goal,i have to lose alot of weight.

Im a hs football playin jr and im 6'0 pushin if not 300,ive already started my road to success to get down to 230,to DEP,and 203 to enlist.I want to enlist after hs,so i have a yr to get this done.I know there are others out there in my situation,those who may weigh more,but atleast we want to change our lives for the better.

Current weight-300
    Monthly Goal-10 a month
    DEP Goal-230
    Ultimate Goal-200

Quote Originally Posted by GavinL91 View Post
    I saw post like this before,but i couldnt find one that wasnt 4-5 yrs old,so i decided to start 09 one.My goal is to be a poolee,and my ultimate goal is to be a Marine,but to achieve my goal,i have to lose alot of weight.

Im a hs football playin jr and im 6'0 pushin if not 300,ive already started my road to success to get down to 230,to DEP,and 203 to enlist.I want to enlist after hs,so i have a yr to get this done.I know there are others out there in my situation,those who may weigh more,but atleast we want to change our lives for the better.

Current weight-300
    Monthly Goal-10 a month
    DEP Goal-230
    Ultimate Goal-200
    I am a serious lurker, but other than age I was pretty much in the same boat you're on right now. I am 6'0 and was 310 in FEB2007, it took me a while but right now I am at 235lbs. I could have done it quicker, but I learned throughout my research that when you want real change and change that will stick it takes time. It took time for me to become a serious fat body and it is going to take time for me to lose it. Either way my journey is not over, I have 35lbs to go and I am working everyday to get rid of it and make sure that IT STAYS OFF.

I'm doing it, its a process, but all it takes is will power, dedication and some serious motivation. Do not look at the scales, look at the changes in yourself and how you feel and before you know it you'll be at 180.

Best of luck.

Weight: 310 in FEB2007
    Weight now: 235
    GOAL: 220 to DEP in Early June

Hows it going guys, 6'3 210, looking to cut down to 200 and lean out, while this goal is a lot smaller than most, I'm fighting a family history of being large. It's going to take more than a little foul history to keep this poolee from staying moto. We'll make it guys, just don't stop looking forward and never quit. DO OR DIE

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah,its good to see some people post,i felt alone for a while.I need to buy a scale though,to track my progress.

Credits
    Savings
    Also thought about gettin me a sauna suit,to sweat more when i run.

Im 175 6'0" just wanna tone down and a lean mean ****you all up machine.

YOU OVERRIDE THAT CENSOR AGAIN WANABEE>>>AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO

Last edited by thedrifter; 04-08-09 at 03:28 PM.

I'm 5'11'' 175. Looking to get lean, around 160-165. And build more muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinL91 View Post
    Also thought about gettin me a sauna suit,to sweat more when i run.
    Don't do that... You'll only lose weight because of water. If anything you'll just dehydrate yourself, which could lead to yourself going down as a heat case. You're not going to lose like 200 LBS of water.

I am around 5'8" tall. I weigh 180 now. My goal is to maintain my weight but gain muscle and endurance. I dont have an issue if the weight goes away though (history has shown that wont happen).

I've been working on losing weight since September. I've only really gotten serious since I moved into my own apartment in January. The toughest part for me is staying focused on why I'm doing this.

Highest Weight: 215 at the beginning of October
    Weight now: 173
    Goal: 149 to DEP by mid-June

Quote Originally Posted by Mariyta View Post
    I've been working on losing weight since September. I've only really gotten serious since I moved into my own apartment in January. The toughest part for me is staying focused on why I'm doing this.

Highest Weight: 215 at the beginning of October
    Weight now: 173
    Goal: 149 to DEP by mid-June
    Motivation is something i've ALWAYS had issues with. Now the only shirt or attire i work out in has the Marine Corps logo or "Marine" or something along those lines. Anytime you think you can't do your last set or that you shouldn't run that last mile just look down and remind your self why your lifting, or why you are running and just what you will accomplish by doing so.

Credits
    Savings
    Yea i fall in here.

Highest weight: 350lbs. August 2008.
    Weight now: 239
    I want to be in the DEP in the next month. I have to lose 8 more lbs. Ultimate goal is to weight 200 or less for when i ship out.

Height: 5'9
    Age 19
    DEP Weight 214
    Current 200
    Goal 190 requirement (196)
    Keep up the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnips View Post
    Motivation is something i've ALWAYS had issues with. Now the only shirt or attire i work out in has the Marine Corps logo or "Marine" or something along those lines. Anytime you think you can't do your last set or that you shouldn't run that last mile just look down and remind your self why your lifting, or why you are running and just what you will accomplish by doing so.
    Yeah, I run to Run to Cadence with the U.S. Women Marines, and the U.S. Marines Vol 2. Once I'm running, I'm good. It's the getting up and getting out there that I have trouble with.

Height: 6'1
    DEP Weight: 145
    Current 153
    Goal:165
    need more muscle before I leave in June.

Thread Information