New
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New

New

Hello, all I am new to this site, I ship out in July to San Deigo, just was wondering what some good advice would be. I want to graduate Guide when I get there I have alot of dedication to accomplish this. I was just wondering what would be great advice to accomplish this. I was also wondering when Im done with Boot Camp, what would I have to do to go for Force Recon. I am currently enlisted under the Infantry MOS.

Listen, give 110% and take risks.

yeah

Im going to give it 110%, I really wanna do great in the Marine Corps, its been my dream since i was little boy. Thanks Cpl

Thing

Just start out with a strong mind, and the willingness to accomplish your goals you should do fine. However concentrate on getting through Boot Camp first Motivater.

I graduated from MCRD SD obtaining meritorious PFC by busting my ass. To excel in PT is very important, don't take the ass-chewing personal (never smile around your DI), don't try to kiss ass, keep you brass and box perfect, and shoot well. Also, keep to yourself and stay away from other recruit's bull****. You'll be fine...Keep your head straight and get as much sleep as you can.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome aboard patriot!

Jim

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Welcome to the site, sir.

I ship in July to SD also, maybe I'll see ya there poolee.

The most easy way is to become an ass kisser. The other way is to have a great pft and show good leadership.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome aboard. Show good initiative and always work hard even when no one's looking. Help others, but that doesn't mean you show off. Do well on PT, Hikes, and rifle range. Be tactful and keep your bearing. Be weak-minded and you won't have a chance. Keep yourself motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by nsnathan0 View Post
    Hello, all I am new to this site, I ship out in July to San Deigo, just was wondering what some good advice would be. I want to graduate Guide when I get there I have alot of dedication to accomplish this. I was just wondering what would be great advice to accomplish this. I was also wondering when Im done with Boot Camp, what would I have to do to go for Force Recon. I am currently enlisted under the Infantry MOS.
    You want to be a guide I'll see if I can arrange that for you.

Credits
    Savings
    Good luck to you....

Welcome aboard, If you can get the Platoon to pull together that will be 50% of the Job the other half is to be able to lead. Good Luck on your future career.

Get noticed. Be the loudest and the fastest to do everything. Volunteer for everything. It'll suck at first, but the DIs will see the initiative and take it as good leadership material. Don't get mixed up in any drama, and learn to brush stuff off. Just remember, as a guide, even though the responsibility and recognition is nice, the title gets shoved in your face a lot, and you're not going to have many "friends" in the squadbay; because everybody else wants your position, and everybody else thinks they can do your job better. Everything you do is going to be under a microscope, and you're going to get pitted and quarterdecked for everybody else's mistakes, so just be prepared if that's the position you've got your heart set on.

congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    Get noticed. Be the loudest and the fastest to do everything. Volunteer for everything. It'll suck at first, but the DIs will see the initiative and take it as good leadership material. Don't get mixed up in any drama, and learn to brush stuff off. Just remember, as a guide, even though the responsibility and recognition is nice, the title gets shoved in your face a lot, and you're not going to have many "friends" in the squadbay; because everybody else wants your position, and everybody else thinks they can do your job better. Everything you do is going to be under a microscope, and you're going to get pitted and quarterdecked for everybody else's mistakes, so just be prepared if that's the position you've got your heart set on.
    Not to hijack the thread or anything, but congrats Ruby on becoming a Marine and welcome to the Family

Thread Information