I have to meet with a special investigator...
Create Post

Unhappy I have to meet with a special investigator...

...at MEPS tuesday morning. Apparently, he wants to talk about my DUI & Furnishing Alchohol to a Minor, as well as a relatively recent vehicle repossesion. I'm KNOW they want to be sure they aren't allowing an alchoholic into the Marine Corps, and it a matter of character and the ability to make sound judgement calls... its just disheartening and nerve racking a bit to think that I could possibly be done before I even get the chance to try. Especially when I'm a matter of weeks from my scheduled ship date.

Not looking for a pitty party... just venting I guess. Not very many people in my life know how much this means to me, other then my family.

just stay positive and everything will work itself out for the better

Look at it this way.

If you were doomed they wouldn't be meeting with you.

I had to meet with one too about THC use. My advice: Be honest, don't throw in unnecessary details to make it more complicated than it is, and be confident and respectful or he will think that you are lying. You'll be fine, like the Cpl said, if you were DQ'd they wouldn't bother spending tax dollars on an investigator in the first place.

Good luck..... keep your head high

I had to meet with a S.I because I was born in Germany. Like said before, be honest and don't add in anything he isn't there to talk about. My investigation was literally 5 min. because my answers were concise and to the point. Your case is obviously different from mine, but the same rules apply. Good luck poolee!

I had to meet with a S.I. too, because of my previous marijuana use, hopefully it wont ruin my chances of getting that ts clearance. I told him the truth though and that I had used it atleast 10 times and didnt plan on doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankf5 View Post
    I had to meet with a S.I. too, because of my previous marijuana use, hopefully it wont ruin my chances of getting that ts clearance. I told him the truth though and that I had used it atleast 10 times and didnt plan on doing it again.
    Funny,

You can be the POTUS and former crack addict but god forbid any potential Marine have smoked some weed in their life.

Which is BS because most people, especially in the younger generations have. I haven't but, just about everyone mid 30's and younger that I know has.

If you learned your lesson from what you did than tell the truth. Don't worry about it. If you haven't learned your lesson than don't lie. They are there to help and protect not only you, but everyone that may serve with you.

thanks, yea I have learned my lesson and I see it as something immature and stupid to begin with. Hopefully it doesnt affect me in the future.

Wow I didn't realize people told the truth about that stuff... but I guess if you're going for a TS clearance you made the right choice, cuz they'd find that **** out!

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Wow I didn't realize people told the truth about that stuff... but I guess if you're going for a TS clearance you made the right choice, cuz they'd find that **** out!
    you do know that they run a back ground check and they will know if you were ever pulled over. So obviously there is no way to hide a DUI or furnishing alcohol to a minor.

Like i said before, the more you lie to them the more you put my life or another persons life in danger.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jpg8402 View Post
    I'm KNOW they want to be sure they aren't allowing an alchoholic into the Marine Corps,
    Alcoholics in the Marine Corps? No way! The Marine Corps was born in a bar god help me will all die in a bar!

Thread Information