Concerning tattoos and the ECP program.... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    yeah, I was doing that.. my recruiter says he was doing that ( I can only believe him ) and then the guys who should know what's going on say they don't know... the thing that ****es me off is that the board has already convened for what I hear already a month... so even if my paperwork gets fixed I don't know if they'll accept the package unless the Sgt Maj is in tight with anyone there or of higher rank to get my stuff pushed in (no homo) as a special exception or something.

I'm really bumed out right now...

the board to come back in as enlisted or an officer?

enlisted...

yeah, sorry, I know this thread is for officer... I went on a tangent... I'm really bumed.

Credits
    Savings
    I in the same boat with you SSgt Petzold.

I must have ...zed off my recruiter because I guessed he felt that I bugged him alot. He told me to go enlist with the Army because the M.C. is not taking back SNCO anymore. And I almost got a heart attack! Then I called my brother's recruiter and the Gunnery told me that the M.C. is shutting the door on Sgt and below, and still taking SNCO.

The Gunnery set me up for MEPS last Monday but I was DQ because of my eye lasik surgery. I have to wait until April 24th, six months after the surgery. According to him that he will try to send my package out for May board.

So, is the M.C. is not taking back Sgt and below or SNCO? I am not really sure what to believe, but the Gunnery still give me hope here.

the order states they take SNCOs year round, where as Sgt and below is restricted to troop strength... but so many Marines are getting out in the next year that it'll all open back up.

I've got hope, and I'm not letting it go.

The new word on the street is they are going to be reverting the tattoo policy because it has affected retention and people joining and prior Marines. So keep your fingers crossed on that one if you want to come back but can't. Like I said its the word on the street but who knows when or truly if that will happen.

well that's just good news in general.... it's kinda overbearing in it's function.

though I understand their justifications for it... either way, I just do as I'm told.

The MARADMIN came out today and I found out I got selected for the ECP program. Even with tattoos you can get in. However, they can't be excessive or beyond waiverable plus they must follow regulations keeping with standards. Bring on OCS Oct 2nd

congratulations!!!!!

I hope all goes as planned! better bone up on your english comp as you'll write essays for screwing up....

Thread Information