Pistol Testing? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistol Testing?

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Do you guys on the Shooting Team train with the match .22's? They are fun.

I agree with your comments about using .22 ammo. Not only is it cheap, but because of the low recoil it's easier to catch problems.
    I'm actually the only person on the team that can shoot the pistol worth a damn, so of course they keep forgetting to schedule pistol practices/matches. I know we have match grade 1911s in the armory, but since things are so screwed up with the pistol competitions I just went ahead Saturday and ordered my own from Les Baer!

Quote Originally Posted by jpg8402 View Post
    Well, I've got 3 certificates to go shoot at the local gun shop. Figured I'd use them up. But if having to qaulify with a pistol isn't anything I'll have to do anytime soon, especially no it boot... then I won't worry about it just yet.
    Are you able to use those certificates other than to shoot pistols? If so go out there and shoot either an AR-15 or a Ruger Mini-14. They both have the same cartridge (.223 Remington, or 5.56 x 45 mm NATO) as the M-16. I haven't had the chance to shoot either of these, but I do have experience shooting the .300 win mag, and damn, I love shooting that thing.

Just to put it out there, there is nothing wrong with having only shot a .22 pistol. In fact, there everyone would be better served if they never fired any weapon before boot camp. But even if you're an experienced shooter, the 22 is a great round. I personally send about 250 9mm rounds and 150 .45 rounds down range a month, but that is increased by about 1500 22 rimfire rounds. Ammo isn't free and flinching can happen to any of us. 22 helps with both issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post
    Are you able to use those certificates other than to shoot pistols? If so go out there and shoot either an AR-15 or a Ruger Mini-14. They both have the same cartridge (.223 Remington, or 5.56 x 45 mm NATO) as the M-16. I haven't had the chance to shoot either of these, but I do have experience shooting the .300 win mag, and damn, I love shooting that thing.
    Try the Remington Ultra 300 Mag. has way more power than the 300 you are shooting,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo View Post
    Just to put it out there, there is nothing wrong with having only shot a .22 pistol. In fact, there everyone would be better served if they never fired any weapon before boot camp. But even if you're an experienced shooter, the 22 is a great round. I personally send about 250 9mm rounds and 150 .45 rounds down range a month, but that is increased by about 1500 22 rimfire rounds. Ammo isn't free and flinching can happen to any of us. 22 helps with both issues.
    Doesn't hurt a thing to have fired a weapon before boot camp, our platoon took top honors at the rifle range with 90 percent of us firing a weapon before boot.

Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    Still M16A2, Ssgt. The Corps is still too cheap to give everyone an A4, especially recruits (a lot of Marines are still using the A2 in the Fleet).

um, the Marine Corps has replaced the A2 with A4s over the last year... if you still have one it's probably because your rifle is in Iraq or afganistan...

but you do have one for your T/O & T/E line number.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Try the Remington Ultra 300 Mag. has way more power than the 300 you are shooting,lol.
    Oh yeah, man. I am still looking forward to the day I shoot a 300 ultra mag. I just have to get my hands on one lol.

Thread Information