Paper work issues...this time preventing me from shipping on time.
Create Post

Paper work issues...this time preventing me from shipping on time.

I was supposed to ship out for MCRDPI on 2012 JAN 08. I was told today that my JPAS is still messed up after i went to MEPS to fix it again. I have been to MEPS 3 or 4 times to fix it. I went last week to fix it again and I was told today that i will not be shipping until 2012 FEB 06. I was also told that somehow my information was deleted at MEPS and they are trying to fix it. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? This has angered me beyond belief. Plus my original ship date was supposed to be 2012 JAN 17.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zraigy7 View Post
    I was supposed to ship out for MCRDPI on 2012 JAN 08. I was told today that my JPAS is still messed up after i went to MEPS to fix it again. I have been to MEPS 3 or 4 times to fix it. I went last week to fix it again and I was told today that i will not be shipping until 2012 FEB 06. I was also told that somehow my information was deleted at MEPS and they are trying to fix it. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? This has angered me beyond belief. Plus my original ship date was supposed to be 2012 JAN 17.

Welcome to the military. Remember the second Marine Corps motto: Semper Gumby (Always Flexible).

Just like my recruiter said...

A lot hurry up and wait.

Zraigy,

It is not a common error but one that can happen, there are a lot of moving parts just to process one person into the military. There are multiple organizations communicating with one another not to mention everything is just about done almost entirerly electronicly. (apart from medical records and SRB) Try not to get to upset at the system and rather try to look at it this way, you are one of thousands of people who are trying to join in any given day, now out of all those thousands don't you think some mistakes will happen, it just so happend that you were the one it happend with, but maybe there is a young man or woman who is counting on that first bootcamp paycheck to send to their family back home and doesn't it feel nice knowing that you absorbed the mistake instead of them and their family?

I feel your pain man! Ive had three different ship dates now because of my JPAS being the old format and it did not updated correctly. I am scheduled to ship 20120213 now and I went and saw my Recruiter today to do my 3rd pre-ship paperwork and run a final IST. Once again I was told that there still working on it and it should be up to date by the time I am scheduled to leave. I guess its happened to a lot of Poolees recently and had to do with an computer update. I believe that now they have decided to just swap over the original JPAS information to the new format and just delete the old one altogether instead of try and recover it or something like that.

Thread Information