IRAQ: 'You have to kill them'
Create Post

Exclamation IRAQ: 'You have to kill them'

IRAQ: 'You have to kill them'

A key part of President Obama's strategy for Afghanistan announced Friday is for the U.S. to persuade "moderate" elements in the insurgency to separate from the hard-core jihadis.

Much of the U.S. success in Iraq is attributed to the decision of the Sunni Arab tribal sheiks in Anbar province to turn against the insurgency in their country and make common cause with the United States. The U.S. then hired many former insurgent fighters for the Sons of Iraq force.

But no one should expect the process in Afghanistan to be quick, easy or accomplished without further fighting. Not if the Marines' experience in Iraq is any indication.

"There is a certain element: you have to kill them," Maj. Gen. John Kelly, who just completed a year as the top Marine in Iraq, told a San Diego civic group this week. "After that, reasonable men and women will come to the table."

-- Tony Perry in San Diego

Photo: Marines in Iraq. Credit: Marine Corps

Ellie

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	07_031.jpg‎
Views:	217
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	7190  

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Idk exactly why......???? .... But really enjoyed reading this.. I like hearing whats actually going on in the war, I think Americans now-a-days don't REALLY understand that there is a war going on right now, and the fact that we MAYbe pulling out of iraq.... but we're moving right into Afghanistan. Very hard hitting article i think.

idk exactly why what? Why some have to be killed? Ask your Marine friend.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Will do.

I have a friend who was in Fallujah in 03-04 i believe.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Volcom1117 View Post
    Idk exactly why......???? .... But really enjoyed reading this.. I like hearing whats actually going on in the war, I think Americans now-a-days don't REALLY understand that there is a war going on right now, and the fact that we MAYbe pulling out of iraq.... but we're moving right into Afghanistan. Very hard hitting article i think.

I thought you were a harmless doper at first but you're getting on my nerves. Not trying to be the grammar police but try writing like a grown up, pal. I'm havin a hard time understanding you. As for the "meat" of your message, there was actually NOTHING to that article. "We hope some people work with us and we will kill the rest." Really nothing new. You don't get out much, do you?

Thread Information